Defensive Carry banner

Connecticut concealed carry in businesses whose signage prohibits firearms

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mhunter 
#1 ·
Is the concealed carry of firearms for lawfully permitted individuals in businesses (EG. Apparently EVERY mall (or most) in the state) an arrestable offense? Or is it simply against the rules of the business in which case you could be asked to leave?

#2 ·
From Handgunlaw.us

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“YES”
Sec. 29-28 …Permit to Carry Pistol or Revolver…
(e) The issuance of any permit to carry a pistol or revolver does not thereby authorize the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver in any premises where the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the person who owns or exercises control over such premises.
Sec. 29-37. Penalties. (a) Any person violating any provision of section 29-28 or 29-31 shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than three years or both, and any pistol or revolver found in the possession of any person in violation of any of said provisions shall be forfeited
The above site is a wealth of information. Not only on CT but all other states as well. Just a word of warning though. Laws are changing constantly, Gary does his best to stay on top of things, but something could happen he isn't aware of. It is YOUR to know and follow the laws where your at.

#3 ·
Hi SeaStar,

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“YES”

Sec. 29-28 …Permit to Carry Pistol or Revolver…
(e) The issuance of any permit to carry a pistol or revolver does not thereby authorize the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver in any premises where the possession or carrying of a pistol or revolver is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the person who owns or exercises control over such premises.

Sec. 29-37. Penalties. (a) Any person violating any provision of section 29-28 or 29-31 shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than three years or both, and any pistol or revolver found in the possession of any person in violation of any of said provisions shall be forfeited.

#4 ·
Awww.. Archer51 beat me by two minutes.... That's what I get for answering the phone in the middle of a post :)

#5 ·
I believe CT also has no preemption, not sure but I think there are two cities that don't honor cc. Have to check for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.