Your are at gunpoint BG makes you take your pants off to check fo concealed carry

This is a discussion on Your are at gunpoint BG makes you take your pants off to check fo concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened several days ago Robber steals victim's pants . Excluding heightened SA to prevent this, how would you react to this situation?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Your are at gunpoint BG makes you take your pants off to check fo concealed carry

Your are at gunpoint BG makes you take your pants off to check fo concealed carry

This happened several days ago Robber steals victim's pants. Excluding heightened SA to prevent this, how would you react to this situation?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Easy, I would give him my pants. No way do I want to mess with a Glock 42 loaded with hollow points. This should also give cause to re-evaluate commando status.
    ppkheat and LongGoneDays like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

They wouldn't want to see me with my pants off...

Seriously, I'd fumble with my pants and make a try for my gun, if possible.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I have heard of cases where the victims clothes were taken many years ago. Had nothing to do with looking for weapons and everything to do with hoping it would make the victim less likely to immediately go for help. They count on a normal persons embarrassment to help their getaway. The D.A. should add a sex charge to the crime when they do this.

Also spotted this in the story.
    "We've talked to the detective and he said he (Filipas) had a glock 42 with hollow points and one in the chamber when they found the gun. It had no safety on it, so he said there was not a doubt in his mind if we did not comply with what he said, he would have killed us."
    Makes ya just want to go huh?

Michael

Maybe that's the new single stack 9mm?

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain5 View Post
    how would you react to this situation?
    About the same way I would if he didn't ask for my pants! My pants has nothing to do with the situation, I either shoot him to the ground or give him what he wants.

My thoughts any more is you have to be standing there to really know what you what do. Sitting at the keyboard is a lot different than looking down the barrel of a gun. Not saying I wouldn't fight or that you should not fight, but rather you have a better feel for what you are looking at standing there with the gun pointed at you.
    RugerMike likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I have heard of cases where the victims clothes were taken many years ago. Had nothing to do with looking for weapons and everything to do with hoping it would make the victim less likely to immediately go for help. They count on a normal persons embarrassment to help their getaway. The D.A. should add a sex charge to the crime when they do this.

Also spotted this in the story.

Makes ya just want to go huh?

Michael
    What the heck does a safety have to do with whether or not the guy is willing to kill you? Just more proof of how ignorant the gen pop is about firearms which, makes them all the more likely to believe anything the media throws out there. Glocks have a safety, it's just a passive safety. Ignoramuses, or is it ignoramusi?
    ďA free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.Ē --George Washington

I am not going to mess with anybody that is carrying a Glock 42 with no safety and a hollow point in the chamber!!

I don't see a lot of options. You drop em an hope that the sight of the gun cause the BG to shoot you or you fight.

When they started talking about leaving where we are and walking outside, there would have been a big red flag for me.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain5 View Post
    This happened several days ago Robber steals victim's pants. Excluding heightened SA to prevent this, how would you react to this situation?
    My plan for this and similar situations where the BG gets the drop on me, if I'm alone, is to run like hell. Running is part of my PT, as well as sprints, so I can put a lot of distance betwixt me and the BG very quickly. And my theory is that most people, including BG's, can't shoot a handgun worth a damn anyway, especially at a rapidly disappearing target, so I probably stand a good chance of surviving. If I'm with my wife or other loved ones, then it's a different ballgame, and I hope my performance wouldn't let them down, and that they'll say nice things at my funeral.

VIP Member
    I'd beg him to let me see his Glock 42 (without a safety with hollow point bullets and 1 in the chamber). Golck 42 must be a new prototype or so new no one has heard of it yet.

Since we know he'd be so proud of owning a one of a kind gun, he'd willingly pass it over to you. Then you have the choice of drawing and shooting him, or shooting him with his own gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    My plan for this and similar situations where the BG gets the drop on me, if I'm alone, is to run like hell.
    If that's your plan, you might try experimenting with a friend and an airsoft gun and see how you make out. In my school, we train for all manner of attacks with all kinds of weapons. When it comes to blind defense against knife or gun, our policy is "hand it over" first and see how that goes. Nothing on your person (pants included) is worth your life and your chances, unarmed, against an assailant with a deadly weapon who has the drop on you are not good.

Let me stay on this a moment. Against an attacker with a knife, if you know what you're doing, in practice on the floor you'll probably find that you can win a certain percentage of encounters. Depending on your level of training and skill, you might find your odds of successfully defending are around 50 percent, maybe. The other times, you're cut up pretty bad. So you go for the tactical defense when there's no other way out. I'd put "run-fu" in that category.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

He would go home and slap his mother

No; real probably had 5-11 pants on and air Jordanís

Based on the story it would seem there would be some point that would give the opportunity to draw and engage the threat.

Seriously, they had time to pull the stereo out of the vehicle and place it in the back of the BGs SUV.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

If I were lucky, that would be a day I chose to carry in a belly band :)

I wonder if this supposed Glock 42 shoots those new elusive .9mm bullets the media is always writing articles about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links