This happend close

This happend close

This is a discussion on This happend close within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I drove up on the aftermath.... What if you were the good guy/gal helping? Police search for suspects in beating of Good Samaritan | KDVR.com ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: This happend close

This happend close

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    It may have gone a bit different! I know, call the police first.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    There were no good guys, only bad ones and foolish ones.
    Justified and ducatirider like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Don't engage the BGs! That was just stupid! If you want to follow them and let police know where they went, that is one thing, but don't start an encounter with them....
    accessbob, Spirit51 and BamaT like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

One woman against two men, bad odds!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Yes, stupid - but it's something that one of my sisters would do.

So many people have no clue regarding the levels of depravity out there. Evil has no conscience, no restraints, and often no reasoning.

VIP Member
    I would have called the police about the vehicle break in, like the woman did. I sure would not have followed them once they departed, let alone confront them.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I don't see anything wrong with following from a distance while on the phone with 911 reporting their location, these men were committing violent felonies. I know we've been down this road in previous threads but some states allow for armed response. It was not smart for that woman to confront them but I admire her courage. If more people acted when they should, crimes like this could be averted. In very many states armed response of this woman would have been justified in court as well as welcomed by the victim.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Another good witness vs. good samaritan scenario? Yeesh.

At any rate, as much as I was really kind of surprised and put off at the "me & mine" responses on the kidnapper scenario thread, I would have stayed out of this one after calling the police and giving an ID. Nobody was in immediate danger and she was no match for the BGs. Very sad, but she definitely handed herself to them.

ETA: Also a good reason I lock my doors whenever I'm by myself in the car. If the scene went down like I understand it, locked doors would have given her more than enough time to realize things had gone sour and take off. Maybe run over a few toes in the process. This is assuming she rolled her windows up after asking them if she could follow them. Her thought process just seems very odd.
    Spirit51 likes this.

I think we will see more of this as people get feed up with criminals and their actions.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

I'm never one to blame a victim of a robbery but I gripe at my Wife all the time about leaving her purse in a car. It's stupid and asking for trouble.

Can we say "FAIL"; she got what she wanted! She wanted to get involved and she did. Did she think you are just going to pull up on two guys and they are just going to surrender to her? Common they are thieves and she was jus another victim on their list

1- Lock your doors. That can't get you if they can't get in. Most of these start with something about the victim being pulled from the car.

2- In a pinch that vehicle will make a fine weapon against a car jacking.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

She did this to save someones purse?? You hate to say that someone doing something to be helpful is stupid....but this act was stupid. Some women have the mistaken idea that men won't attack a woman. This is just soooo wrong. She should have called 911 and stayed on the line if she was going to follow them. Then lock herself in and follow from a safe distance. She confronted them?? What was she thinking?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    1- Lock your doors. That can't get you if they can't get in. Most of these start with something about the victim being pulled from the car.

2- In a pinch that vehicle will make a fine weapon against a car jacking.
    Car door windows are easily shattered, and unless the carjacker is trying to come in through the windshield, he will be hard to draw a bead on with the bumper.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links