Conceal Carry

Conceal Carry

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My dad and I both sent in our Applications for Conceal Carry on the same day but my dad got his today in the mail ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Conceal Carry

Conceal Carry

My dad and I both sent in our Applications for Conceal Carry on the same day but my dad got his today in the mail and I didn't get mine yet? Does anyone know y they would send one but not the other on the same day or wat? FYI I live in North Dakota

Distinguished Member
    Don't know about your state but in mine it is just however they get to them. In my county they seem to do a first in, first out type of processing but if there is any delay on your application while they investigate something that might need more time for investigation, it wouldn't hold up others that put them in at the same time as yours. Or, the mail can be the cause. The postal service can have situations where mail sent from the same place, to the same destination, can end up there at different times. And, not to try to scare you but when I worked in the mailroom at the University I attended, we had gotten mail (in Seattle) from New York which was being sent cross town in New York and one time a car payment from someone back east who was sending their payment to Ohio.
    Jollymann likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I don't know about N Dakota, but it happens quite frequently here. Sometimes they arrive a week or so apart.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I think it means that you have a questionable past and your dad has a green light.
    Maybe......maybe not. Hey...don't sweat it. Your application is probably still laying on the floor at the post office right now with footprints all over it.

Just kidding. Hang in there. All in good time. You didn't bet any money on the deal did you? Dad ruffling your feathers over this or are you flying the coop?
    In many states CC applications run right along with red tape. Nobody knows, everyone involved is underpaid, a government job is still a job, lunch is from 12-1, quittin' time is 4:30 even though office hours are from 8-5, and tomorrow is another day if it's not a Monday or a Friday. Patience is a virtue my friend.
    barstoolguru likes this.

in Texas me and my friend sent ours in at the same time and I got mine back a week earlier than him.
    Use this time to read up on the laws in your state and can I make a quote from Massad Ayoob

“The power of a gun is never ignored, no matter how accustomed one becomes to the weight on his hip. A man carrying a gun for the first time is acutely, even uncomfortable aware of its presents. After a time, he ceases to notice both the weight and the responsibility not because he has forgot then them but because they have both assimilated into his bearing and demeanor”

From his book “in gravest extreme” chapter 11 under discretion
    Nodakguy likes this.

VIP Member
    Welcome and don't worry your dad can protect you.
    Nodakguy likes this.

My first application for CCW in Texas took over 6 months from when I mailed it in. When a re applied, it took less than a month from my mailing date.

You're lucky they mail it to you! We have to go park downtown for $3, walk a half-mile to the courthouse, and then go down into the dank basement to pick ours up. I think I just figured out why the women who work in that office are so surly!

My wife and I sent our's in at the same time. She got her's back in 28 day's. I got mine 94 day's later. I looked at my issue date and it was issued 9 day's before being mailed to me.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

My neighbor and I sent our application on the same day from the same PO - she got her's four weeks before I did with a number in the 5xxx area mine came on the 45th day after sending (required under statue) with a 25xxx number.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I can't prove it, and I don't know why it would be, but I think instant-checks and CCW/CPL permits get slowed down if you've ever held any kind of security clearance. Like I said, I don't know why, but I've kind of noticed a trend and several co-workers have noticed a trend. You'd think it would be the other way around. Anybody else experienced anything similar?

I'm not sure what kind of background check your states do but there are several things that could delay a background check that hit their desk the same time as your wife's/friend's. if you've been out of the country recently or at least a fair amount, have any kind of potentially "sensitive" occupation, have had multiple residences, any criminal history or court dispositions etc. they'll follow up on all of that kind of info. they may even need to wait for documentation on some of it. it just means you're getting more out if this life than the person that got theirs back right away. good job. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodakguy View Post
    Does anyone know y they would send one but not the other on the same day or wat?
    Well, if you start noticing a rented panel van with magnetic antennae hanging out on your street, that will be one clue. Wear dark glasses and scrutinize any new workers that show up in the neighborhood also - if they talk into their wrist, shoulder, or shoes, you're definitely being watched. Also, until you can execute your bugout plan, make sure you set your alarm for 2:58am every night before you go to bed. When it goes off, roll out of bed and hide underneath. If nothing happens by 3:02, you're safe - turn the alarm off and climb back in. They always do the grabs at 3.

So sorry.

- Josh N.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Well, if you start noticing a rented panel van with magnetic antennae hanging out on your street, that will be one clue. Wear dark glasses and scrutinize any new workers that show up in the neighborhood also - if they talk into their wrist, shoulder, or shoes, you're definitely being watched. Also, until you can execute your bugout plan, make sure you set your alarm for 2:58am every night before you go to bed. When it goes off, roll out of bed and hide underneath. If nothing happens by 3:02, you're safe - turn the alarm off and climb back in. They always do the grabs at 3.

So sorry.

- Josh N.
    LMAO

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post

So sorry.

- Josh N.
    Thats awesome!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links