The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Female Carry Reference Thread within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got the "miss be havin" model; the buckle is a little bigger than I thought it would be, but overall I like it, it's ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

I got my looper gun belt from ultimate concealed carry today

I got the "miss be havin" model; the buckle is a little bigger than I thought it would be, but overall I like it, it's good quality for the price, and it supports my glock 19 well.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

3Speed Holster

3 Speed Holster:Review (about two Months)

OK i am a short rolly polly person. But i would think this would be of interest to the Female CC

DSCN4718c.jpgDSCN4719c.jpgDSCN4751a.jpgIconDrawSM.jpg

Picture #3 Is a Sticky Holster (much Like the Remora Holster)

Thumbs up Female carry IWB

I just got a new IWB holster for my pm9 from Remora. I have to say it is very soft and comfortable. I love that it stays in place and I don't worry about it falling down my leg. They have a sale on now that gets a free mag holster and 25 % off. I am going to purchase another with thigh modification for when I'm dressed up. I am attaching a link to their site. Have a great day.

The Official Store of the Original Remora "No Clip" IWB Concealment Holster

Quote Originally Posted by blackrosepm9 View Post
    I just got a new IWB holster for my pm9 from Remora. I have to say it is very soft and comfortable. I love that it stays in place and I don't worry about it falling down my leg. They have a sale on now that gets a free mag holster and 25 % off. I am going to purchase another with thigh modification for when I'm dressed up. I am attaching a link to their site. Have a great day.

The Official Store of the Original Remora "No Clip" IWB Concealment Holster
    I love my Remora's too but be careful. Mine has slid down my leg to the floor. I happened when I was wearing looser sweat pants. I like to have it lower so I guess it wasn't under the waistband enough. I solve this by catching the very bottom of the holster in the waistband of my underwear and if it slides it can only go so far now.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'm using the Crossbreed Modular Belly Band and I actually really like it with stretchy pants or a stretchy skirt. Anything without belt loops. The waistband holds it in. I also use it with a Glock 26. I think it is useless around my belly - I cannot conceal the G26 there in it, and even if I could, I had to order a large to go around my hips, and the large does not get small enough to go around my waist. However, around my hips, it's great. I carry at about what I think is 5:00 for a right hander (but I am left-handed).

I cannot appendix carry with the Crossbreed Belly Band. It flops out ridiculously.

A new video review for women using this holster: Crossbreed Modular Belly Band Holster Review for Women - YouTube

Also a video for using the Crossbreed ankle holster and turning it into a thigh holster that will work well for carrying a Glock 26 while wearing a dress:
    Crossbreed Ankle Holster Modification To Women's Thigh Holster - YouTube
    gatorbait51 likes this.

If you have an ankle holster without padding that's uncomfortable, try placing football wristbands underneath the band ($3/pair). I find it makes it more comfortable and doesn't seem to affect the holster's stability.

Jeans.... don't usually get excited about jeans, but I picked up a "Comfort Fit Marian Bootcut" jean by Lee at Fleet Farm off the clearance rack. Holy cow, these are comfortable with IWB carry. They are a stretch jean and have a 1-1/2" elastic band INSIDE the jean waist that stays put and holds a Remora holster well (although I'm paranoid and still wear a belt). The bootcut also enables a 2nd ankle carry if you want.
    Last edited by 88keys; September 12th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I use the CrossBreed belly band and have no problems.I use one from pistolwear i like also.I mostly wear them when i'm biking or running.I like the one from pistolwear a little better maybe.If something were to happen to the one from pistolwear,i would be ordering another one.
    Brent95 and gatorbait51 like this.

I do use the crossbreed belly band some,(GL26)so i won't wear out the one from pistolwear.After i got the XDS45 broke in,i started carrying it mostly in the one from pistolwear because of it being smaller.That said, since i sent my XDS45 back,because of the safety recall, i use the gl26 or the ruger lc9..

My crossbelly band is at my bf's house,so i can't take a pic of it,but if it helps, the pic below is the one from pistolwear.The guns along the line of a GL23 stretches it to much.Something like the GL26,or XDS,that size frame is ok,and it will hold one mag..

pistolwear 004.jpg

pistolwear2 001.jpg

Your welcome.I think she would like it.It's adjustable as you can see. Nothing that rubs against you..With shipping and all it was right at $47.00.
    www.pistolwear.com

Just fyi,in case you missed it,one of the posters had this video on here for the crossbreed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZKAnuu7aA--Crossbreed Modular Belly Band Holster Review for Women
    Aceoky, Lees and gatorbait51 like this.

I did the video for the Crossbreed Belly Band. I like the pistolwear except for in my situation I feel like I would not be able to carry with a round chambered with my Glock.

I also ordered a Fusionpac from Tactipac, here: Holsters - IWB Concealed Carry Holsters - TactiPac. I ordered it at least 35 business days ago and I haven't heard anything, and it was pricey. When I finally get it I'll definitely review it and compare it to the Crossbreed.

I did a video on the Crossbreed Supertuck vs. the Galco King Tuk...not the most unique or cutting-edge holsters I guess, but a video I wish I'd been able to see when I was really new to concealed carry. I had occasion to make it since my husband stole my Glock 19 for the time being while his favorite gun is on recall, and we can't share holsters because he is wrong-handed, so he had to quickly order a King Tuk for himself.
    Here it is, I hope it's helpful: Crossbreed Supertuck vs Galco Kingtuck Comparison - YouTube

Found a new "favorite" cover garment. Kohl's, on sale for $24.99 often. Can't beat it for the price.

SONOMA life + style Solid Anorak Jacket
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links