There has been some requests for a female specific subforum. While that is not going to happen for a long list of reasons, the staff and I have discussed the prudence of a female carry reference thread.
This thread will be a reference place for females to get links and information directly related to female carry specific issues. It will eventually be a closed thread of information only so as not to get cluttered with irrelevant posts but it will also have a prominent place (i.e. sticky) at the top of Concealed Carry Issues and Discussions.
To get this thread off the ground I'm going to need the help of our wonderful membership here.
We are looking for content to put in this thread to launch it.
This content can include:
- Websites dedicated to female carriers (of course corneredcat will be included)
- Tasteful photographs of women carrying or female carry rigs
- Female specific carry blogs
- Female specific holster makers (the flashbang or FIST holsters come to mind, if a holster can be considered gender neutral in any way please do not post it here)
- Links to videos for female carriers
- Links to articles specific to female carry or issues
- Links to discussions here on DC about female issues such as holster fit, clothes, etc
Remember that all of these links or posts or pictures MUST abide by our family friendly forum rules. No nudity, no obscene language, etc.
Ladies, if you want to add a picture of yourself carrying feel free to do so but there is no obligation. If, however, you would like to add a post about how you carry and what you carry that could also be helpful to future female members. It could be helpful to them, however, if you would add things like height and weight and/or body type (busty, slim, average, larger hips, etc) so that a woman reading the thread might better determine if the information is relevant to her.
After a few days the thread will be closed, organized and then "stickied" but that does not mean that submissions to the thread will be closed. You can PM me at any time and suggest content to add to the thread. If a woman cannot find what she is looking for or would like to discuss anything she finds in the thread she is welcome to start a new thread as usual to keep the reference thread from getting cluttered.
Let's get this reference thread off to a great start by filling it with some great content for women.