Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed....

This is a discussion on Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball T girl which gun are you going to use? The sig, the revolver? Just curious and trying to help. For the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    T girl which gun are you going to use? The sig, the revolver? Just curious and trying to help. For the sig, these look like the ticket....

Sneaky

That little site is GREAT!!!!!!! Thanks H!!!! I will make sure to tell my HUNNYBUNNY to give you a big smack!!
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    T girl which gun are you going to use? The sig, the revolver? Just curious and trying to help. For the sig, these look like the ticket....

Sneaky
    Hubby showed me this site the other day. Some really interesting options.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    I have gotten myself comfortable with the back holster for my Sigp238.. I have treid to get used to the side and front holster's but I am unable to get myself comfortable with them on this gun... I would love to try the " Flashband bra" holster to see how it works... Does anyone know much about it???

I have been trying to get myself used to my husbands Colt Dective Special, and so far so good.... I love the feel of this pistol... So far neither one of us have shot this gun.... It is amazing and beautiful and fits perfect in my small hands...

We have a Kimber that I just can't get used to carrying for some reason, I don't know why, but I just can't.. I have tried and nothing seems to be thre right position for me.. I am small framed and yes I do wear a lot of tight clothing... I keep trying different spots because I would eventually like to carry it or a small Glock...

If anyone has any great ideas out there they would greatly be appreciated!!!! Thanks so much
    Women are built different than men. Men are either fat, skinny or with gut...women always have a shape and are always shapely. Do not listen to those who say SOB is risky in ways. I do think slimmer pistols (semi autos) are better suited to carry for any gal. I've gone through this with my ex actually. She was pretty curvy and full size. Revolvers to me are simply a thing of the past. If you don't want to carry a fanny pack or in a purse and are seriously needing an IWB holster then there are few options. Clothing is one.....tight clothing does not work well for CC plain and simple. Difficult to conceal and may be painful. My ex carried 5-6 O'clock with a High Noon Bare Asset. She carried at work. Rather large framed gal. Ever tried carrying SOB palm out draw? I'll tell you that the semi auto pistols are going to be more easily concealed than revolvers for you and most women who wear on the body.
    Thing to remember is...that if your carry doesn't work for you, then consider working with your carry. This may involve a change of clothing or a whole new you. You need to figure out what's most important. Clothing can be changed....living is ultimately worth making some changes isn't it? Feel free to PM me any time.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Does anyone know much about it??? I am small framed and yes I do wear a lot of tight clothing... I keep trying different spots because I would eventually like to carry it or a small Glock...

My daughter is small-framed--Size 2, 104 pounds. Not sure of her bra size (I'm a guy, we adopted her when she was sixteen, no kids of our own, and I turn red as a beet at such mentions of female apparatus and garments), but I think she's on the order of a small B. Regardless, with her frame and build, a bra-holster doesn't work and yes, I braved the red-face and we tried some.

What DID and DOES work for her is a shoulder holster as she does have fairly broad shoulders and she likes wearing ladies jackets and unbuttoned tops (not sure what the official fashion word is. For guys, I call them sports jackets). She likes carrying my Model 19 with the 2 1/2" barrel--the gun she learned how to shoot with, and a shoulder holster I had made for her works extremely well.

The other holster that works well for her is a paddle-holster for her Sig Sauer 232.

Being small-framed can be a challenge as far as carrying comfortably and adequately concealed. Let us know what works as most of us have wives, daughters, nieces, etc and that info will serve everyone well.

JD
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Be careful with carrying in the small of your back. Some people have fallen/tripped backwards and landing on their back and the handgun has caused some serious issues for them.[ ouch!] Not common but it could happen.
    I carry 4/430 it works out well for me.
    Could you please note/reference ONE story indicating such an injury?

If you fell on your hip with a gun at 3:30 injury to your hip could also be a result.

I'm just sayin'...
    21bubba likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I never had much luck with the Flashbang holster. I love the concept, but my gun never stayed put (and neither did the girls with the gun stuck in there ). It always moved and flopped around and I was constantly having to adjust it....can't really do that discretely.
    You should look in to a belly band! I got mine off of amazon for less than $25 bucks and have yet to find an outfit it won't work with. I do have a black and a white one, you can adjust it anywhere on your waist and they're super comfy.

ETA: With some of my more tighter shirts, I pull the belly band up under my bra and adjust the gun near my arm so it can't be seen. Most of my summer shirts are v-neck/low-ish cut type and I can access the gun easily through the neck of my shirts if I had to. As with most women, our hips are bigger around than our waist, so the belly band tends to ride up during the day. If I pull it all the way up right under my bra, it never moves.
    lyz_grace and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CATX View Post
    I never had much luck with the Flashbang holster. I love the concept, but my gun never stayed put (and neither did the girls with the gun stuck in there ). It always moved and flopped around and I was constantly having to adjust it....can't really do that discretely.
    You should look in to a belly band! I got mine off of amazon for less than $25 bucks and have yet to find an outfit it won't work with. I do have a black and a white one, you can adjust it anywhere on your waist and they're super comfy.

ETA: With some of my more tighter shirts, I pull the belly band up under my bra and adjust the gun near my arm so it can't be seen. Most of my summer shirts are v-neck/low-ish cut type and I can access the gun easily through the neck of my shirts if I had to. As with most women, our hips are bigger around than our waist, so the belly band tends to ride up during the day. If I pull it all the way up right under my bra, it never moves.
    You have confirmed my shopping hopes!! Off to see what kind of bellyband deals I can find :D Thanks!

That little site is GREAT!!!!!!! Thanks H!!!! I will make sure to tell my HUNNYBUNNY to give you a big smack!!
    LOL, Hunnybunny and I talked about it a couple of weeks ago. I think they are worth a serious look.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Wow thanks talk about being thrown under the bus. By the way the term Hunnybunny is my CIA, covert, undercover name that I used to use on secret missions nothing more.

I am very proud of her for wearing around the house and trying different holsters and such. The detective special we will have to talk about before it gets fired. We do several webcam lessons when we can and she has learned to clear and disassemble the Glock, Kimber and Sig and we discuss the who, what's and why's of carrying. Currently the SIG 238 is her hands down favorite and she shoots it well but she is not intimidated by any weapon so far.

Right now there are several holsters there at the house for her to try including IWB, OWB, and paddle. She is currently using a Galco J hook and simply moving it around her strong side. She did very well and liked my Para carry nine with the Galco Royal Guard worn behind her right hip. She is not really going fully to the small of her back. Clothes are a big issue with her and other women's sizes. I did not realize the complications involved in fitting a holster for her frame. The act of finding a belt that fits here that has enough rigidity is tough, she is going to order one from Theis holsters I think.

As far as weapon choices there is pretty much one of everything to choose from and she has the upper body strength to rack the slides on everything except the SA TRP but she is comfortable with SA and hammers. The Kimber she is referring to is one of her favorites to shoot it is simply a Kimber .22 conversion on a RIA frame. Holsters for this are limited to what I use for my TRP and Browning Hi Power which the primary is a Raven Concealment rig which is simply to big for her small waist.

It will be good to get home again and head out to a few classes and let her shoot and learn all she wants. Got to brag on her though she takes of everything there and puts up old grumpy self so that is the least I can do.

Lory and her SIG and during one of our video chats.

"A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Nobody mentioned the SmartCarry. I've used one for over a decade with a 4" M1911 when IWB won't float. It's very effective and comfortable.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Some people have fallen/tripped backwards and landing on their back and the handgun has caused some serious issues for them.
    Agreed, more than you might think have had this problem. Not something that should be carried in winter.

Also couldn't imagine it's very comfortable sitting down...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Agreed, more than you might think have had this problem. Not something that should be carried in winter.

Who do you know that has had this happen?

Also couldn't imagine it's very comfortable sitting down...
    And how comfortable is AIWB when one sits down?

VIP Member
    AIWB is very comfortable when seated as long as you are not trying to carry to big a gun. This is my preferred method of carry when I ride and have no problems with a Glock 19 or Para Carry in this position.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links