Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed....

Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed....

This is a discussion on Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have gotten myself comfortable with the back holster for my Sigp238.. I have treid to get used to the side and front holster's but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed....

Question Finally comfortable with it.... New ideas needed....

I have gotten myself comfortable with the back holster for my Sigp238.. I have treid to get used to the side and front holster's but I am unable to get myself comfortable with them on this gun... I would love to try the " Flashband bra" holster to see how it works... Does anyone know much about it???

I have been trying to get myself used to my husbands Colt Dective Special, and so far so good.... I love the feel of this pistol... So far neither one of us have shot this gun.... It is amazing and beautiful and fits perfect in my small hands...

We have a Kimber that I just can't get used to carrying for some reason, I don't know why, but I just can't.. I have tried and nothing seems to be thre right position for me.. I am small framed and yes I do wear a lot of tight clothing... I keep trying different spots because I would eventually like to carry it or a small Glock...

If anyone has any great ideas out there they would greatly be appreciated!!!! Thanks so much
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Be careful with carrying in the small of your back. Some people have fallen/tripped backwards and landing on their back and the handgun has caused some serious issues for them.[ ouch!] Not common but it could happen.
    I carry 4/430 it works out well for me.
    barstoolguru likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I carry my P238 at 4-5:00 in my crossbreed mini tuck. I love it. It form to my hip right away.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I carry my LCP behind my right hip at maybe 5:00, so pretty close to the middle of my back. The only holster I have at the moment is my CrossBreed, but I love it and haven't carried anywhere else in the entire year that I've carried! I haven't actually purchased the Flashbang holster, but I've toyed around with putting my gun where it would sit in my bra and I get the frankenboob look I've seen people write about I'm in the same boat that I'm pretty small-framed and wear a lot of form-fitted tops.

Have you looked into the Kangaroo carry holster? I just received one in the mail and was going to write a review, just haven't gotten there yet. If you do, my first suggestion is order a smaller size than you think you need. I measured as a small, but it's too big and I would need an extra small. If you've got any sort of hourglass figure, though, I don't know that it would work. Because the band is canvas, not elastic, and is a few inches wide, if you put it on to fit under your bustline there is a lot of slack in the bottom part of the canvas and it pokes out and just fits very awkwardly. They almost need to make it tapered? I think it would only work with looser blouses or t-shirts, but not worth the money to me. I just think I'm going to send mine back and try a bellyband, kind of frustrating

Let us know if you find out what works - I'd definitely be interested in trying it! Sounds like we have the same issues

ETA: I'm sure you've probably seen this, but if not, faliaphotography is also really tiny and wears modern clothes. This video helped me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Be careful with carrying in the small of your back. Some people have fallen/tripped backwards and landing on their back and the handgun has caused some serious issues for them.[ ouch!] Not common but it could happen.
    I carry 4/430 it works out well for me.
    This is a big problem in the winter time and can cause serious back injuries with a slip and fall. With a flash bang dolly Parton could carry a bazooka

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    ... With a flash bang dolly Parton could carry a bazooka
    {video}
    Oye! I hadn't seen that video before. Guess small girls can use the flashbang, however, she's um... much less topheavy than I am and her bra is about three sizes too big. I might like my guns, but I still value support over storage space.
    WindSwept and tacmansgirl like this.

Flashbang looks interesting, but we older gals worry enough about gravity in that area. It would be sad to wear one and still have to draw from the waist.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Flashbang looks interesting, but we older gals worry enough about gravity in that area. It would be sad to wear one and still have to draw from the waist.
    If we keep getting threads like this, the guys may decide to make us a henhouse after all
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    If we keep getting threads like this, the guys may decide to make us a henhouse after all
    LOL.... I think I just might take the advice you have given thanks so much!!! Does look interesting but for the most part, I dont have that extra support.. haha

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit51 View Post
    flashbang looks interesting, but we older gals worry enough about gravity in that area. It would be sad to wear one and still have to draw from the waist.
    ahahahahahahahahahaaa
    Hakkaa päälle!

VIP Member
    Try a belly band. They can be adjusted until you're comfortable and allow you to carry concealed in almost any situation.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    The visual on that made me blow mountain dew thru my nose.....LMAO...
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

T girl which gun are you going to use? The sig, the revolver? Just curious and trying to help. For the sig, these look like the ticket....

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    So the old farmers say: "You can't keep the roosters out of the hen house." and who would want to. Since I am on the subject.

"Roosters may crow, but the hens deliver the goods." This one hangs in my kitchen.
    WindSwept and lyz_grace like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I am more than likely going to stick with my sig for the most part H....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links