total stranger

This is a discussion on total stranger within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in a knife store today down in chico. me and my son were looking for new folders and were standing at the counter ...

Thread: total stranger

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

total stranger

I was in a knife store today down in chico.
    me and my son were looking for new folders and were standing at the counter being shown new knifes buy gerber n bench made.
    when another shoper walked up and started giving us knife advice buy what he was carrying and so on wich was kinda cool .
    the talk turned from knifes to guns after i made3 the statement how i didnt see how a double edge knife should be baned because as any one knows all knifes are sharp on one edge and so the law is sillysince even a single edge knife is still deadly
    any way he spouts off that he is carrying a 1911 on his hip right now to me and my son and that he has a ccw ect... well i told my son after we left without buying a knife that this was not the way to talk about having a ccw since what if we had been there to rob the place it would have told the bad guys exactly who to take down first since he was armed and had told us so ect...just thought it odd that he would mention to me a total stranger that he had a gun on his hip so i asked my son to look me over to make sure i wasnt printing and i wasnt he had just felt the need to talk to me about having a gun i dont get it i dont tell no one that im carring and dont understand why some one would

2. Remove Ads

Maybe he is one of those guys that needs everyone to recognize his 'superman' cape......
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    I don't know, but if it had irritated me I might have said the following:

"Really, can I see it?"

If he showed it to me I then would have said. "In this state that is what is called brandishing and brandishing is a crime. Please put your hands on the counter. You have the right to remain silent . . ."

I probably would never do it, but I would love to see the expression on his face if I did.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    to put it nicely........what an idiot

I would have said something to him, like: "if you have your ccw you shouldn't be telling a complete stranger about it or your weapon you're carrying"
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by talon View Post
    Maybe he is one of those guys that needs everyone to recognize his 'superman' cape......
    That, and a failure to recognize the moth-eaten holes in that cape (ie, he can be targeted in the wrong situation, by divulging that info).

Likely, he simply felt somewhat secure with folks of similar leanings. Much like pontificating here on the internet at places like Combatcarry.com. Wouldn't seem inappropriate if it weren't for the fact that real life isn't a video game.

Good on ya, for the lesson to your son. I hope he truly sees the error of this man's ways. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Guy sounds like a walking accident. Seen a few like him before and I like to be far away from them.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    You should have asked him to see his CCW Badge. You know he had one...lol!!!!

www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Darn it! You beat me to it!!

I was going to suggest that you should have asked to see his CCW badge!

LOL!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Gunshop...errrr.....I mean knifeshop COMMANDOS! One step above MALL NINJAS.

I'm surprised that he didn't start telling you how powerful a round the .45ACP is and that even if he hit you in the pinky finger with it you would bleed out within 4 seconds and that he knows this because during the 80's he spied on the Russians for the CIA. Before that gig he studied Kung Fu with Bruce Lee back in the early 70's while he was trying to "find" himself. Before that he served 4 tours with the Super Secret SEAL Forces in Nam under the command of John Kerry and while he was in Nam he had 129 confirmed KIA's BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH. Don't those types just want to make you SCREAM!!!!!! Because the REAL guys don't talk about it!
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; September 10th, 2006 at 11:15 PM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

he was probably just a newbie and had to tell someone. Many people who just get the permit and have no one to talk to about and recieve advice from may have the tendancy to shout it out. If it happens it would be good to advise them that concealed means no one knows you have it.

Doc; boy did you hit the nail on the head! LOL
    I'm sure if you asked real nice, he'd show you his 'CIA, special secret decoder ring'!

It's really sad how some who have a CCW, shouldn't...

Wes.
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

Links