Stolen Tec

This is a discussion on Stolen Tec within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow never ever thought this would happen . Lost my Kel Tec .32 to theft . Man I pray they find it with no harm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stolen Tec

Stolen Tec

Wow never ever thought this would happen .

Lost my Kel Tec .32 to theft .

Man I pray they find it with no harm to anyone.

I called police and gave them the numbers off the gun .

Question to board how many have lost one .

And I have lost a lot sleep worring about this .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I once thought I had lost one. Fortunately I had just put it away with my wallet because I was distracted by being on the phone (no more multi-tasking while disarming for me). 'Not a good feeling - blood rushed to my face and a wave of nausea until I found it.

How did it get stolen?

my house was broken into and a S&W 686+ was stolen..... a couple of months later i was notified by a Drug Task force detective that it had been found in the possession of a drug dealer. Now I'm just waiting for it to be used as evidence in a court case, after which it will be returned to me. I call the detective about every month or so to see how things are progressing. It is comforting to know that my gun is out there, but frustrating that i can't have it back yet.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I once thought I had lost one. Fortunately I had just put it away with my wallet because I was distracted by being on the phone (no more multi-tasking while disarming for me). 'Not a good feeling - blood rushed to my face and a wave of nausea until I found it.

How did it get stolen?
    Oh yeah I have blood rushed and puking nausea thing for sure .

Sun Eveing I was in parking lot lot talking to neighbor lady.

We where talking for a few mins I never went back over to car to lock it

This was 1st time ever I went in to take shower cam back out In less than 30 min to find car door open glove box open

papers ever where gun gone .

I puked right there no lie along with tears .

Unfortunately, my Ruger LCP .380 was stolen from my locked vehicle one night...in my driveway. Thugs hit several cars in the neighborhood that night. It ended up in he hands of a man who shot his girlfriend in the chest. Thankfully, she survived. He's now serving 18 years. They could not connect him with the theft other than possessing stolen property. I got the gun back. I thought about selling it because of bad mojo asociated with it but figured it may create headaches for a buyer if the numbers were ever run by an LEO. Sheriff's Office found it in a kudzu patch after he admitted to it and directed them to it. It has a small rust blemish on the slide from sitting outdoors for a few days. Still works flawlessly. I still carry it. And NO, I don't leave guns in vehicles anymore.

Hot Wing - Man, that stinks big time.

Why was the gun in your glove box in the first place? Had you just come from a "no guns allowed zone?"

I hope the authorities find it soon!

These are the kinds of stories that drive me crazy every time someone posts about having a "car gun."
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Oh yeah I have blood rushed and puking nausea thing for sure ...I puked right there no lie along with tears.
    I am really sorry for your loss and hope the police recover it. When I have to leave my gun in my car, I use the In Car Gun Safe: In Car Gun Lockers. Of course, that doesn't help if the car is stolen. Life is full of risks and our job is to try and minimize them.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Poetic justice would be the thief having a ND and offing himself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    I am really sorry for your loss and hope the police recover it. When I have to leave my gun in my car, I use the In Car Gun Safe: In Car Gun Lockers. Of course, that doesn't help if the car is stolen. Life is full of risks and our job is to try and minimize them.
    I got that same box a few weeks ago.

I feel for you Hot Wing and hope I never have to experience the same thing.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I guess the less than $30 dollar gun safe for cars that is brought up at least once a week when members talk about how to secure a gun in a vehicle,makes you wish you could yell do-over and get another chance
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

misery love company

Read this...

Gun Safe Buyers' Guide
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"Man I pray they find it with no harm to anyone." Consider this...how much damage can a .32 do? JUST KIDDING!

I went on a motorcycle putt and when I returned home the 9mm that was in my pocket when I left was gone. I retraced the route I took on foot for about 3 miles to no avail. I then called the cops. Some kind soul had found it and turned it in to them. There were a few dings on it, but it still functioned fine.

Talk about luck!

This story should be a wake up call for anyone who doesn't have a safe in their car. The Center of Mass style safe will not keep a determined and prepared thief from stealing your gun, but it will deter a smash and grab type.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links