Massad Ayoob interview - Page 2

Massad Ayoob interview

This is a discussion on Massad Ayoob interview within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad it worked out....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Massad Ayoob interview

Glad it worked out.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Interesting presentation. Ayoob always clearly and logically thinks things out. Can't say as I agree with his assertion that carrying a CCW badge automatically means you are impersonating an officer but I get his drift. But I wouldn't be caught dead with one anyway.

I do like his point about being very careful about, as a private citizen, getting involved in the plight of a 3rd party. Since the Zimmerman event I actually now have it in me to absolutely not get involved over a 3rd party, no matter what is happening to them or who they are, unless they are a loved one. Period. I will not risk being savaged by liberals.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

VIP Member
    Good info as always from one of the best guru's.
    Its all on who has the best angle in court.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

He also has an excellent point regarding "gun friendly" states.

There are too many CCWers who think they magically live in a state where no bad stuff can happen to them if they are involved in a shooting. That's utter nonsense.

I almost wish one of the keyboard commandos, who pontificated about how they would have shot the guy who snatched the Girl Scout cookie jar thief in the back if they had been there, had been there and had done so. This way the example that would have been made of him by the Texas criminal justice system would have been a valuable lesson to the rest of us CCWers.
    HandgunWorld likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    He also has an excellent point regarding "gun friendly" states.

There are too many CCWers who think they magically live in a state where no bad stuff can happen to them if they are involved in a shooting. That's utter nonsense.

I almost wish one of the keyboard commandos, who pontificated about how they would have shot the guy who snatched the Girl Scout cookie jar thief in the back if they had been there, had been there and had done so. This way the example that would have been made of him by the Texas criminal justice system would have been a valuable lesson to the rest of us CCWers.
    You may have noticed that I am one of those people that thought gun friendly states were more in favor of self defense cases. My interview with MAS and after taking his 4 day course has opened my eyes a little more.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Thanks for the show, Bob. I listen regularly and actually enjoyed my yard work while I listened to your show. Thanks for making it bearable.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Great Podcast. I always find Mr. Ayoob's comments interesting and informative.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

So is 4 days in his class!
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

This was very much well worth the time to listen to (as is anything else that Mr. Ayoob has to say!). I grabbed a copy of it so I could listen again in the future, some very eye-opening information is in there. Thanx to the OP, HandgunWorld, for conducting the interview and posting the link!

A couple of years ago I posted this comment about Massad Ayoob on a YouTube clip: "When it comes to proper handling of handguns, Mr. Ayoob is a walking Library of Congress. Incredibly knowledgeable." No doubt.
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

You're welcome. Another reason to attend his class is because he uses a shot timer to help you learn to shoot to a standard while under a little bit of pressure called a timer. It helps make the case that you can meet a standard better than the average CCW'er.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Massad who?

Kidding, kidding... You lucky dog!

While I love Mas overall, I cannot help but feel that he he can tend to generate paralysis in some folks.

While I love Mas overall, I cannot help but feel that he he can tend to generate paralysis in some folks.
    How so?

Sent from my 300 baud modem

I was wondering the same thing. ?
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    He's also a very down to earth, genuine nice guy. And he's also a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I'm amazed how much knowledge is in his head. He rattles off case after case, with ease, as if he's memorized everything. I wish I had that kind of memory.
    If, God forbid, you ever got into a contested shooting - he'd be the Number 1 Expert Witness to have (if he thought you acted legally of course).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links