Massad Ayoob interview

Massad Ayoob interview

This is a discussion on Massad Ayoob interview within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Massad Ayoob on this episode. http://www.handgunworld.com I recently attended his MAG 40 class in Arkansas. It was awesome! ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Massad Ayoob interview

Massad Ayoob interview

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Massad Ayoob on this episode. http://www.handgunworld.com I recently attended his MAG 40 class in Arkansas. It was awesome! I interviewed him about concealed carry for the hearing impaired, whether CCW’ers have a duty to protect others and female agressors. Also, I interviewed some fellow students from the course and Jon Hodway, one of the instructors. If you carry a gun every day, I strongly recommend that you listen to this. MAS is one of the leading experts on the "rules of engagement." Please give me your comments and questions.

This episode starts with a voice mail from a listener regarding how to choose a concealed carry firearm.

For those of you who use iTunes it can also be found as Episode 179, by searching "HandgunWorld Podcast."
    Last edited by HandgunWorld; May 25th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Lucky you [ No sarcasm,I really mean Lucky you]

Ayoob.......IMO........always deals it straight no matter what the audience wants to hear.......very good information.
    Crashbox likes this.

He really is a straight shooter (pun intended.) After 4 days in his course, I have a renewed direction for CCW. He's also a fantastic shot, used a Glock 30 in the shooting portion of the class and as expected, had the best shooting performance out of the 36 people that were there!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Bob,

I love the show and listen all the time (I am catching up on old episodes). I will definitely check out the interview later today.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

One of the things on my wish list if I won the lottery (besides new knees) would be to go to at least one of his classes. I have been a fan of his for years. You are very lucky. I will enjoy the interview.
    shooterX likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

great post, lots of usefull info.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up Bob. Will be sure to listen. Enjoy listening to your podcasts. Go Packers!

He's also a very down to earth, genuine nice guy. And he's also a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. I'm amazed how much knowledge is in his head. He rattles off case after case, with ease, as if he's memorized everything. I wish I had that kind of memory.
    Spirit51 and Crashbox like this.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Well done interview, really informative

Sent from my 300 baud modem

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    He's also a fantastic shot, used a Glock 30 in the shooting portion of the class
    Ahhh...another reason to like him!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Ayoob is is an overgrown Boyscout philosopher worth listening to.

A very worthwhile use of 40 minutes!
    Thanks for the post.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting, very thought provoking interview.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

I got into a rather large and ugly brouhaha with Mr. Ayoob over something he had done back when I was in law enforcement on behalf of someone in a sister (federal) agency. In fact, I--and a lot of agents--had held a pretty strong and bitter grudge for a number of years.

Somehow or another, it came out on another discussion forum or e-mail list, and Mr. Ayoob showed up. He e-mailed me, I responded and from there we communicated like gentlemen. I was long out of the cops & robbers business so Mr. Ayoob could've just as easily told me to go fly a kite and use the hair off my vertical smile as a tail.

But he didn't. He actually gave some information that none of us at OUR agency had been privy to, of which I verified with some still active agents. I apologized profusely and genuinely, to which he graciously accepted.

I may not agree with everything he writes, but Mr. Ayoob is GOOD for our industry, our sport and our Second Amendment. He is a gentleman of the highest order and an ambassador for our cause.

Looking forward to listening to the interview.

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links