My Situation

My Situation

This is a discussion on My Situation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Iím new here. I signed up to get your advice on what happened to me the other day. I was in a section of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: My Situation

My Situation

Iím new here. I signed up to get your advice on what happened to me the other day.

I was in a section of the driveway of my home the other day working on my garden. My neighbor is outside on the street staring me down (as usual). I stared back at him for about a minute. He got upset and walked up to my property. This is the third time heís done this to me. The first time I just ignored him and walked back inside. The second time he started yelling at me and threatened to cause physical harm. As he approached and entered my propertyís border I grabbed a metal rod that was close to me and gripped it like I was ready to swing (at this point, I am still in my driveway). He drew a handgun from his waist , cocked and pointed it at my head.

As he was pointing the gun I walked back to my garage and called the police. When police arrived, they verified that he had a concealed weapons permit. Of course, he told them the complete opposite. That I was the one who went over to his side of the house and provoked the attack.

What are your thoughts? I ran a background check online and this person has been on probation for drug related charges. Thank you

If what you say is true you have a bad neighbor.

Agg assault I think. But I don't understand what his problem is. Capture his actions on video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Drug related charges? whats he doing with a cc permit,what kind of charges ? Set up a video camera to film this nut job next time he crawls out from under his rock.Give that to the police,and put that scumbag in the cross bar hotel.
    mano3, nerdyvirgin, tkruf and 6 others like this.

Thank you guys. The drug related charges were marijuana and cocaine possession. I also wondered how he's able to have a permit. I've spoken to other neighbors and they've also told me about problems that they've had with him. I've also gone ahead and put security cameras all over my home. He knows they're there, but the staring continues.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Thank you guys. The drug related charges were marijuana and cocaine possession. I also wondered how he's able to have a permit. I've spoken to other neighbors and they've also told me about problems that they've had with him.
    Did you not press charges? I would immediately go out and buy a few security cameras for your house, there is no better evidence than video. Best of luck.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Did you not press charges? I would immediately go out and buy a few security cameras for your house, there is no better evidence than video. Best of luck.
    The police was ready to arrest him. One officer convinced me into not pressing charges, since there were no witnesses and he was saying the complete opposite.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Get yourself a CC Permit.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    The police was ready to arrest him. One officer convinced me into not pressing charges, since there were no witnesses and he was saying the complete opposite.
    Ahh, I believe that was a bad idea. Given his record, and I'm sure his attitude, they would most likely believe you over him any day. There are many cases that are won that don't involve a witness. A judge is very capable of telling when a person is lying or not and the odds would be in your favor, shame on that officer... But regardless, please get some cameras set up as soon as you are able so that he would not get away with such things again.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

You do not want to confront this guy. What he has already done is enough to know that he is capable of almost anything. I agree ...get the cameras rolling, be ready to dial 911 (from inside the house). Going to ask the obvious question. Are you armed? If you are..this could quickly escalate into an "O.K. corral" deal . Not worth it. Talk with the police..Let them know completely the situation..and listen to their advice. You should never feel like a prisoner on your own property, but it would be nice to be alive in order to fully enjoy your home.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Security cameras is what I would install. Next time the person did this,I would let him lie to the officers,then I would show them the video. Police really do not like people who lie to them.IMO this would leave a paper and video trail of this person's threatening activity. I would not try to stare down an idiot,it is a waste of time.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by framedcraig1 View Post
    You do not want to confront this guy. What he has already done is enough to know that he is capable of almost anything. I agree ...get the cameras rolling, be ready to dial 911 (from inside the house). Going to ask the obvious question. Are you armed? If you are..this could quickly escalate into an "O.K. corral" deal . Not worth it. Talk with the police..Let them know completely the situation..and listen to their advice. You should never feel like a prisoner on your own property, but it would be nice to be alive in order to fully enjoy your home.
    Great advice. I don't have a permit but I do own a couple of guns. I'm sure that's exactly his intention. To make me scared of being outside.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Security cameras is what I would install. Next time the person did this,I would let him lie to the officers,then I would show them the video. Police really do not like people who lie to them.IMO this would leave a paper and video trail of this person's threatening activity. I would not try to stare down an idiot,it is a waste of time.
    I agree. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Ahh, I believe that was a bad idea. Given his record, and I'm sure his attitude, they would most likely believe you over him any day. There are many cases that are won that don't involve a witness. A judge is very capable of telling when a person is lying or not and the odds would be in your favor, shame on that officer... But regardless, please get some cameras set up as soon as you are able so that he would not get away with such things again.
    Yep. The cameras are already installed. However, I spoke with an attorney who advised that it was still possible to press charges.

Press charges. Documents the encounter if norhing else. Next times he draws on you, double tap and save multiple copies of the security video.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

PI9
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Get yourself a CC Permit.
    Doesn't even need one for this situation...can carry on your own property concealed cant you? He points a gun at my head and hes dead that's why we carry guns IMO.

Tim

It'd be nice to have a friend over that would be a witness to the act too.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links