The Main Issue/Problem I Have With The Travon Martin Shooting

This is a discussion on The Main Issue/Problem I Have With The Travon Martin Shooting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, until we all hear the evidence at trial, I don't think it is fair to say whether Zimmerman was justified or not. The problem ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HotGuns

Thread: The Main Issue/Problem I Have With The Travon Martin Shooting

The Main Issue/Problem I Have With The Travon Martin Shooting

OK, until we all hear the evidence at trial, I don't think it is fair to say whether Zimmerman was justified or not. The problem I do have with the case is that Zimmerman, even if justified in killing Travon, should never have approached him in the first place. Zimmerman was involved in the neighborhood watch program, but was not a policeman, dressed like a policeman, or trained like a policeman. In my opinion, unless they observe an actual crime in progress, a Burglary, Armed Robbery, or a shooting, a neighborhood watch volunteer should never approach anyone. That's what 911 is for, call the police and let them ask the questions of someone suspicious. If the police can't get there fast enough, get a license plate, description, etc. to 911. For all we know, Travon could have thought Zimmerman was trying to rob him, a stranger approaches and follows him in an unmarked car with no uniform identifying who he is. If Travon was actually committing a crime, Burglary, etc., there obviously would not be the controversy that surrounds this case.

2. Remove Ads

cool story, bro

VIP Member
    Get your responses in quick, before
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Closed for evaluation by forum staff.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Closed for evaluation by forum staff.

Nothing to eval.

No More Zimmerman Threads.

As an FYI, any legitimate articles updates re: Zimmerman will be posted to this thread: Articles/Updates: Re: Zimmerman.

Senior Moderator
    The main problem is that most people arent capable of rational thought, and they expect everyone else to do if for them.

Another problem is that people that dont have balls the size of a piss ant will never understand people that do, so arguing about anything that requires either one or both is a waste of time, effort and bandwidth.
    Harryball likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The main problem is that most people arent capable of rational thought, and they expect everyone else to do if for them.

Another problem is that people that dont have balls the size of a piss ant will never understand people that do, so arguing about anything that requires either one or both is a waste of time, effort and bandwidth.
    That too.

Links