How do you carry your OC spray

This is a discussion on How do you carry your OC spray within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With all the recent controversy dealing with disparity of force i've decided that I would start doing something I probably should have been doing all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How do you carry your OC spray

How do you carry your OC spray

With all the recent controversy dealing with disparity of force i've decided that I would start doing something I probably should have been doing all along, Carrying OC spray. I've settled on the Fox Labs 2oz Stream. My problem is I'm not exactly sure how to carry it. I don't like the idea if just having it floating around my pocket (and its a bit large for that any way). I thought about belt carry but it I can't find a holster that I like. I'm thinking about possible having someone make a kydex holster for it so that I can carry it tip down on my left side so that it can be drawn with my left hand and flipped kind of like a spare mag. What do you think? How do you carry yours?
    barstoolguru likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Mine is in my jacket pocket if I'm wearing a jacket or in my front pants pocket if not. Sometimes, depending on where I'm walking, I have it in my left (off gun) hand. Mine has a twistable "safety" which I leave to the safe position unless I'm in a situation where I'm not sure about so I turn it to ready while in my hand. The idea of a mag carrier is possibly good. I have an extra Remora single mag holder which I might experiment with. (I have a dual mag one that I have for two M&P45 mags as well)
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

100_1839.jpg

I carry mine in a belly band with my knife and spare mag and of course my g26

It would be easy to make a small IWB holster to put it in but it would have to be made so you could access it quick

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I got my wife a Fox Labs spray, can't remember which size, but it's got a pocket clip on it and it's set up so you can put it on a key chain. I've had it on my keys that I hang from a belt loop with a D-ring- I like it because it has a 'quick release' attachment so you can just give it a good sharp yank and pop it loose in an emergency.

I need to get another for myself, but money's been a bit tight since the surgery and all...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Front left pocket for my OC spray. Its fairly small and has a "holster" that came with it so the can is protected from having a negligent discharge.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have this holster for my 2oz Fox Labs Flip Top canister. I agree that it is too big for a pants pocket. Sometimes I just carry one of the smaller Fox Labs key chain units in my front pocket.
    Gunga Galunga

Mine is in left front pocket. It came with a keyring attached with a quick release. A small spring clamp keeps it at the top of my pocket.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

ASP Street Defender O.C. Spray

250-MOT-ASP55154.jpg

palm-defender.jpg
    "Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Mine is on my belt in a generic mag pouch.
    Last edited by Haywood; June 8th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    IF I carry it it's in a jacket or cargo pocket. I don't carry OC too often, my bat utility belt is loaded enough as it is.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
    ASP Street Defender O.C. Spray

250-MOT-ASP55154.jpg

palm-defender.jpg
    I was REALLY close to going with the asp street defender but what ultimately stopped me was the range.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Hope if you ever have to use the OC, you don't run into someone with shaolin immunity:

kung fu master vs cops - YouTube

Mine saved me in Florida. A Boxer Mix Dog decided I was on his sidewalk. He started circling me and growling. I didn't want to kill anyone's Dog, I love Dogs. I aimed at him and pressed the button. I had never fired one before. It came out in a stream about 10 feet or more. I missed and it went over the top of his nose and past him. He instantly stopped, his eyes got real big, and he started sneezing. I started to walk away and he just stood there looking surprised and sneezing. I got the hell out of there and he didn't follow. Works for me. No Police reports.
    accessbob and abillb like this.

I had a couple of those Cabelas Nylon pocket knife cases laying around. You know the ones they have in the aisle on sale all the time that have the little flashlight and multi blades like the Swiss Army knives. They hold a 2oz bottle of spray perfectly and have a slip thru for the belt and velcro flap.
    accessbob likes this.
    ...T. Ray

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trayzor View Post
    I had a couple of those Cabelas Nylon pocket knife cases laying around. You know the ones they have in the aisle on sale all the time that have the little flashlight and multi blades like the Swiss Army knives. They hold a 2oz bottle of spray perfectly and have a slip thru for the belt and velcro flap.
    Cool idea.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links