Do you "Supercarry?"

Do you "Supercarry?"

This is a discussion on Do you "Supercarry?" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I watched a Nutnfancy YouTube video the other day (yes, the whole thing! ) on how “The .380 ACP SUCKS!” While done tongue firmly in ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Do you "Supercarry?"

Cool Do you "Supercarry?"

I watched a Nutnfancy YouTube video the other day (yes, the whole thing! ) on how “The .380 ACP SUCKS!” While done tongue firmly in cheek, he was advocating that folks carry one of the smaller 9mm options rather than a tiny .380. (No, this is NOT another useless caliber war)

To his credit, however, he did mention that there are certain “philosophies of use” (his term) where the tiny and light weight .380s (LCP, P3at, etc) make sense. One of these is for those folks who “supercarry” (again, his term).

He defines “supercarry” as those folks who carry a firearm all the time. If they are dressed, they are armed – even at home. He reasons that if you are never going to take the gun off (save for sleeping or taking a shower!) then weight becomes more of an issue.

There is some truth to this, I think. I often wonder truly how often those who insist on carrying a large sidearm – actually carry it. There is an old joke that the gun most often carried by aficionados of the 1911 is actually a snubbie.

Personally, I am a “super-supercarrier” (if there is such a thing), because I always pocket carry two smallish sidearms. Depending on attire and concealment needs, I pocket carry (in opposite pockets) a combination of Glock 26/PM9; PM9/LCP; or two LCPs. This gives me ambidextrous access (a big issue with pocket carry) and a “NY reload” in case of running a gun empty or malfunction. It also gives me the option of arming my wife, who does not always carry. It is also very discreet, which is something I value.

I think the concept of “Supercarry” has merit, because it eliminates the temptation to go unarmed for the “quick trip to the store;” or the situation where “I’m just stepping outside for a minute” turns unexpectedly longer in duration.

So, if you are one of those folks who carries a largish sidearm, but you do not carry it all the time, then maybe stepping down in size and weight makes some sense after all.
    Bark'n likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    I carry Glocks all the time, so no point in stepping down to fill a niche which does not exist for me.
    nerdyvirgin and sgb like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    "I'm super (thanks for asking)..."

'Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Well, I don't want to be known as a supercarrier, but the LCP does a great job of filling the gaps where I'd otherwise be unarmed.

He defines “supercarry” as those folks who carry a firearm all the time. If they are dressed, they are armed – even at home. He reasons that if you are never going to take the gun off (save for sleeping or taking a shower!) then weight becomes more of an issue.
    More like super accessible, close by all the time

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I can't carry at work, but I carry every day. I alternate between a Glock 27 and a Sig P290. I have never wanted a 380. I don't find shooting them to be particularly fun. If I don't like shooting something, I am not inclined to carry it.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Nutnfancy is to concealed carriers what Donald Trump is to barbers.

MadMac I just laughed my ### off. that is funny.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

I don't own a .380 and I carry all day. Does that qualify me for a red cape?
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Sheesh! Supercarrier made me think of 2 things. U.S.S. Kennedy and Typhoid Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    MadMac I just laughed my ### off. that is funny.
    I aim to please......

Thanks!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Then I guess I Supercarry.
    Yay.

Sometimes I think he comes up with terms that don't need to exist.
    Last edited by Civil_Response; May 30th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Bark'n likes this.

I carry a .380 and am happy with it. Good to see that I now have the Nutnfancy Youtube seal of approval. Without that, I would have felt defenseless.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

If I could, I would. Unfortunatly I can not carry at work. I carry all the rest of the time though.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    45 supercarrier, here, even though I don't sport a flat top.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If I could, I would. Unfortunatly I can not carry at work. I carry all the rest of the time though.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. I can't carry at work. If I'm out and about, I carry the .380 Sig so I consider that my carry gun. Around the house and as a nightstand gun, I have a Sig-220 in .45 ACP since I don't have to concern myself with the weight of it. So, a burglar or home invader probably won't be facing a .380 if they decide to drop by.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links