Bad: Guy tries to pre-train for his CCW class by firing gun in his garage.

This is a discussion on Bad: Guy tries to pre-train for his CCW class by firing gun in his garage. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh no!!! The anti-gunner bunch will love this story. At least this guy won't be getting a permit now. Man arrested for shooting gun in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bad: Guy tries to pre-train for his CCW class by firing gun in his garage.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Bad: Guy tries to pre-train for his CCW class by firing gun in his garage.

Oh no!!! The anti-gunner bunch will love this story. At least this guy won't be getting a permit now.

Man arrested for shooting gun in garage

2. Remove Ads

You can't fix stupid.
    darbo, Mr B and Eagleks like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    A #1 Class A Stupid. Agree.

"God, why did you put so many stupid people on this earth?" - he who names the quote gets the Kupi Doll!

This guy needs a couple (or more) of gun safety classes before even thinking about CCW. I don't think the guy is a criminal, but someone who needed a basic education about weapons long before he bought one. Too bad this "lesson" will be very expensive and sting. It will probably mean the end to his education on firearms.
    Bark'n likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

That would be Lt. Col. "Bull" Meecham in the Great Santini
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

This is why you practice with a .22 in your basement
    DontTreadOnI and Chief1297 like this.

What an idiot...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Cut him some slack. Given Wisconsin's long anti-gun stance in the realm of handguns and concealed carry, small wonder that many of her citizens are ignorant regarding gun safety. Until very recently, only criminals and leos had any carry experience whatsoever.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Stupidity with firearms involved is not just native to Wisconsin, it is all over. I know my state (West Virginia) has had it's share.

Yes, the Anti Firearm People will be all over this like a rabid dog, it is the kind of thing they pray for each and every day to "out" gun owners as whack jobs who do not need one at all. It shores up the belief that guns need to be banned because they are too dangerous for people to own.

Of course there are those who insist on texting with cell phones while driving, yet despite the laws in effect, people continue to do so, killing and maiming hundreds of people including themselves in the accidents that happen. Brady's don't call for a ban on Cell Phones, do they?

Thankfully, incidents like this are not that frequent and most people have some common sense when dealing with guns.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Stupidity with firearms involved is not just native to Wisconsin, it is all over. I know my state (West Virginia) has had it's share.

Yes, the Anti Firearm People will be all over this like a rabid dog, it is the kind of thing the pray for each and every day to "out" gun owners as whack jobs who do not need one at all. It shores up the belief that guns need to be banned because they are too dangerous for people to own.

Of course there are idiots who opperate cell phones while driving, yet despite the laws in effect, people continue to do so, killing and maiming hundreds of people including themselves. Brady's don't call for a ban on Cell Phones, do they?

Thankfully, incidents like this are not that frequent and most people have some common sense when dealing with guns.
    Ohio has its share as well, and proper training is critical. Inexperienced shooters comprise the majority in most classes I teach, and their level of ineptitude is staggering. Hence, the classes.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

He might not be ready. Needs to get a brain first.

Sounds like he was going to attend a James Yeager class,were he was told it's completely safe to shoot with people downrange..
    suntzu and jmvdigital like this.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by denver View Post
    That would be Lt. Col. "Bull" Meecham in the Great Santini
    You win the Kupi Doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Cut him some slack. Given Wisconsin's long anti-gun stance in the realm of handguns and concealed carry, small wonder that many of her citizens are ignorant regarding gun safety. Until very recently, only criminals and leos had any carry experience whatsoever.
    They had open carry.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member
    Guy doesn't know anything about guns so he thought he would try it out? That sure proves that common sense isn't so common.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links