Has anyone ever lost a weapon

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever lost a weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gun no. Magazines? Well sometimes they hide from me for a day or two before they come back home....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Has anyone ever lost a weapon

Gun no. Magazines? Well sometimes they hide from me for a day or two before they come back home.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

2. Remove Ads

Well mine really wasn't my fault.....sort of...

A few Army buddies and myself went out for a quick duck hunt. Not being a water person, I was unable to recognize that we had 20 pounds of crap in a 10 pound boat. Long story short, we sank and I lost my Rem. 870.

But its not over yet.....In my pocket I had a S&W 442, as I always did. Once we were pulled out of the water by the police (Praise the man who invented waterproof cell phones!) and EMT's, we were ordered to strip down and get into the warm ambulance. We all had mild to moderate hypothermia in the end. While in the ambulance naked, I told the EMT to check my left jeans pocket for my gun and he said "Sure buddy, no problem."

I found him later at the hospital and he said he "couldn't find it" and shrugged it off. Im not saying he stole it...but Im pretty sure it didnt wizard its way out of my size 30 jeans and walk away. All other agencies said they had no idea where it was....
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by zdinnd View Post
    Well mine really wasn't my fault.....sort of...

A few Army buddies and myself went out for a quick duck hunt. Not being a water person, I was unable to recognize that we had 20 pounds of crap in a 10 pound boat. Long story short, we sank and I lost my Rem. 870.

But its not over yet.....In my pocket I had a S&W 442, as I always did. Once we were pulled out of the water by the police (Praise the man who invented waterproof cell phones!) and EMT's, we were ordered to strip down and get into the warm ambulance. We all had mild to moderate hypothermia in the end. While in the ambulance naked, I told the EMT to check my left jeans pocket for my gun and he said "Sure buddy, no problem."

I found him later at the hospital and he said he "couldn't find it" and shrugged it off. Im not saying he stole it...but Im pretty sure it didnt wizard its way out of my size 30 jeans and walk away. All other agencies said they had no idea where it was....
    That's why it's good to keep a record of serial numbers; report it stolen and if that EMT was caught with it...GOTCHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    That's why it's good to keep a record of serial numbers; report it stolen and if that EMT was caught with it...GOTCHA!!
    this is a good idea.

I think you can report any gun stolen though. if it was purchased via a FFL, they know or at least have access to the SN. and if it was purchased via FTF, there will at least now be a record that you reported an unspecified SN firearm stolen.

I have "loosed" a handgun, but never did I lose one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links