Has anyone ever lost a weapon

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever lost a weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had an interesting experience yesterday. When I get dressed in the morning I always remove my carry gun and IWB holster from the nightstand ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Has anyone ever lost a weapon

Has anyone ever lost a weapon

I had an interesting experience yesterday. When I get dressed in the morning I always remove my carry gun and IWB holster from the nightstand drawer, and put it on my belt. I ran a few erands in the morning, and did some work in the garage, watched some TV and finally got undressed. The first thing I noticed was that my Kahr K9 and holster were no longer on my belt under my tee shirt. I spent the next three hours searching the house, car, and the lawn with a flashlight. I came to the disturbing conclusion that somehow the gun came off of my belt while I was out of the house. I started to get a sick feeling thinking what might happen if some kid found my loaded 9mm. It was 3 am, and knew what I had to do, so I called the Sheriff's office and made a lost weapon report with the gun type serial number ect. So the the end of the story is my Wife goes out to the garage to take out the trash, and said go look on the floor under your workbench. All of a sudden all was well again. I sheepishly called the LEOs and had them cancel the report.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    can't say I have, I have left mine in the glove compartment by accident.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Ill bet this never happens to you again.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Even if I did, and I'm not saying I ever have, I probably wouldn't admit/confess to it here on this forum (of all forums!).
    Harryball, Caertaker and DaveH like this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

VIP Member
    Let me get this straight. Your holstered handgun came out of your pants and you didn't notice it? What holster were you using and how quickly do you think you can get something different?

I should add, I am very glad it was found. What a nightmare that must have been.
    ep1953 likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Glad it was a non-issue in the end. I too am interested in what type of holster you were using.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm confused. How did the gun get there?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I can't even imagine how freaked out I would be if that happened to me. Glad you (your wife) found it.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

My friend had her pink .38 taken by her son's friend. The kid got scared and buried it in a field. He later confessed and they dug it up - all full of Alabama clay!!!

It's clean, dry and servicable again - and locked!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

how do you miss a 2 lb gun on your hip? I am glad you found it but there is a real problem here; what if someone else found it first?

Glad you found it OK, but it would be helpful to know the holster. That may help prevent another member from having a similar or possibly worse experience.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

The closest I came once was about a year ago. I could NOT, for the life of me find my PPK. I was freaking. I'd had builders and a house cleaner in my home over the two days that it MIGHT have gone missing. I TOO was scared enough that it had been stolen and was close to calling to report it....and then found it in the back of the safe after looking in there several times.

Old age? I don't know...but it freaked me out for several hours. I was convinced it had been stolen by one of the workers but turns out it was safely stowed away the whole time.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I've never misplaced one, but I do wear a pistol lanyard when I'm biking, running, or doing whatever out in the forest just for an extra layer of protection on top of the holsters retention system.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    sheepishly raises hand...............Been there, done that. Back when I was working for Blue Line I carried a Sigma 380 behind my back as a backup in a spare cuff pouch, well, when I took my belt off, I pulled the piece out and tucked it behind my back. I then promptly forgot that I had just done that. I untucked my shirt and about 10 minutes later rolled over, looked by my bed and only saw my XDM, I finally found that dang thing under my chair in the living room, right in the same spot I had momentarily stuck it in the pants. Now I wear much better gear and carry better guns as back ups, but I still lost a gun for a few hours.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

OK the holster involved was a Bianchi Professional IWB single clip type. Gun was a Kahr K9. It isn't supposed to come of the belt but maybe I didn't have it snapped all the way over the belt. Must have jumped off when I was sitting at my work bench and was found half way under the bench. I checked that spot two or three times and did not see it. I am definately going to upgrade the holster to one with straps.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links