Taking a gun on a trip to Mikey's Home - Page 2

Taking a gun on a trip to Mikey's Home

This is a discussion on Taking a gun on a trip to Mikey's Home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; go to academy sports or a local store and get a gunvault for your trip around 29 to 35 bucks comes with a cable to ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Taking a gun on a trip to Mikey's Home

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    go to academy sports or a local store and get a gunvault for your trip around 29 to 35 bucks comes with a cable to attach to the seat frame in your vehicle, and can be placed inside a hotel safe or attached to plumbing pipes for security...Capture2.jpg
    grav likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Psssssssttttt, guess you have not heard that the "feds" deported Mickey because he could not prove he as a citizen!!!
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I just put in a console vault in my suburban last week and love it. Not cheap, but man, it's secure. It's just big enough to stuff my wifes purse in and a gun, then lock it up. They have one for the Ford Explorer, not sure if your year, but check their website. Ford Explorer with Sync System: 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by somedude View Post
    Dan- Take a gun with you on your trip. Whether you decide to carry in the park or not, you should be armed on the road for the drive coming and going. You have a family to protect.
    I agree. This is why you have a cc permit. The odds that your car will be broken into are slim. Just leave it locked in the car at Disney. You never know where your car may break down along the way, stay armed to protect your family. It's more important to carry outside your home area.

Personally, I wouldn't carry around RatLand or any of the other theme parks - almost ZERO chance of some loon paying $75 to go on a rampage or to assault you. Also, the parking lots are full of families, Disney employees, shuttle busses and shuttle carts, etc. all day and night. Why risk having your ccw fall out on a ride or drop out in a bathroom in a crowded park full of kids for an infinitesimally minuscule likelihood of needing it?

That said, that hotel safe video is dated. I use hotel safes for my ccw quite a bit. I also use my COM gun safe in my luggage if necessary, and wrap the cable around my luggage. I then hide the cable and safe with my used underwear.

Disclaimer: ANYTHING can and could happen. That said, I have been collecting hotel room key cards for the last fifteen years and have HUNDREDS of them. I have been traveling and staying in hotels between 100 and 200 nights per year for many years. In all those years and all those stays, I only had something pilfered ONCE - in Hawaii while I was on vacation over a decade ago. It was an ATF Agent t-shirt I got from a friend with a badge printed on the front. That's it. ...and even now, I am not completely sure if it was stolen from my room, or I simply left it at the beach one day.

I have left money, my LOCKED-UP firearm, computers, laptops, iPhones, etc., and have never had anything but that shirt ever even disturbed from a hotel room. I don't hesitate to leave a LOCKED up firearm in my room. If someone cracks the safe, or rips apart my luggage to get it, I'll simply report the theft, and move on. YMMV.

Same here as for as the record. I've been a road warrior for over 40 years so I would not even begin to guess at the number of hotel rooms I've stayed in. Not once have I had an issue of theft. That said, I am just as cautious and aware of the possibility today as I have always been. Perhaps it is that perpetual vigilance which has helped to keep the record clean. Wen I'm on a business trip, my laptop will be out with me all day so it is not left at the hotel. On a holiday trip, I generally won't take the laptop out but it will be with us in the car or buried deep within a suitcase which is generally closed, locked. That won't stop a determined thief but at least I'm not leaving it out on the desk. Same thing with the camera gear. It's going to be with me. Even when I'm working in a hospital, my camera bag goes in with me along with my took kit and computer bag.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Something else to consider: Theme parks live and die by their reputations. Disney and Universal simply cannot afford to have their grounds and parking areas perceived as unsafe. Their attendance would start to dry up within a day. If someone is assaulted in a Disney parking lot, or cars are being robbed while guests are in the park, the management will come down like a fury on even one small incident. Even stupid crooks know this. Their business - especially in this economy - cannot afford a headline such as Disney Parking Lots Targeted by Thieves.

Same with hotels. If you hear that a certain hotel chain is having room theft issues, it's very easy to simply book with another chain or another hotel. Unlike TSA agents, hotel staff are carefully screened and managed. I am posting from a hotel room right now. If I report that my pocket change on the desk is missing when I get back from my meeting today, they would likely fire the housekeeper immediately, even BEFORE looking into the matter. They simply cannot afford bad publicity.

My hotel today is in a downtown area of a major east coast city where I cannot legally carry. Right outside my window are shady-looking characters both day and night. All the housekeepers in my hotel here are directly from eastern Europe. I have met three of them on my floor. There appear to be no local or hometown employees that may have "street connections". Even the parking valet has a Australian accent. You can tell the employees are carefully screened and tightly managed. Next time you stay in an urban hotel check out the staff. I notice it is different when staying in places like Iowa or Kansas.

I thought you were going to Orange County, NY to see Mikey Teutel of OCC fame. Yeah, I'd definitely take a gun there!
    Last edited by oldrwizr; June 1st, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    grav likes this.

Florida is a gun friendly state. Take the gun.
    Disney is a very safe place, I wouldn't feel the need to carry there.
    They hate bad publicity.
    Orlando is another story.
    Lock the gun in the room safe, or buy a gun safe for the car and secure it.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Since getting my permit, I hate traveling w/o a firearm. I just made a drive from Columbus to Dallas, the area I am in seems safe but you never know. The biggest fears is the stops at truck stops for fuel or rest stops for the kids to use the restroom. Last year I had an incident where I had to place my hand on my pistol, it was reassuring to know I had some protections if needed. I have stayed at hotels all over and never had one issue.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I thought you were going to Orange County, NY to see Mikey Teutel of OCC fame. Yeah, I'd definitely take a gun there!
    Me too, I kept on thinking, "Who's Mikey"?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

We go to WDW as a family almost every year. This will be my first year having a CFL. I will absolutely take my gun with me on the trip but I feel no need to carry in the park. Disney takes the safety of their guests pretty seriously. Supposedly you are never more than 25' away from an undercover security guard in the parks. As stated above if bad things started to happen to guests it would seriously hurt their reputation so they would make the appropriate changes very fast.

With that being said if you are staying on property they should have a safe in the room. I'll leave my gun in the safe when I'm on property and have it one me when I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by stantheman76 View Post
    We go to WDW as a family almost every year. This will be my first year having a CFL. I will absolutely take my gun with me on the trip but I feel no need to carry in the park. Disney takes the safety of their guests pretty seriously. Supposedly you are never more than 25' away from an undercover security guard in the parks. As stated above if bad things started to happen to guests it would seriously hurt their reputation so they would make the appropriate changes very fast.

With that being said if you are staying on property they should have a safe in the room. I'll leave my gun in the safe when I'm on property and have it one me when I'm not.
    what you say about safety in the parks is more true than not but your guns are not welcomed anywhere on WDW property including their onsite hotels

I don't know florida law, but if legal, I would CC there. I CC everywhere it's legal. Can't think of a valid reason not too... I also CC at schools, libraries, playgrounds, doctors offices, bars, the list goes on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by gobbly View Post
    I don't know florida law, but if legal, I would CC there. I CC everywhere it's legal. Can't think of a valid reason not too... I also CC at schools, libraries, playgrounds, doctors offices, bars, the list goes on and on...
    if you are carrying at schools in most states you'd be carrying illegally, same for some states and bars, do you also carry into post offices and onto military installations?
    posting about your ILLEGAL activities isn't the smartest thing to be doing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links