pocket carry in cargo pants - Page 2

pocket carry in cargo pants

This is a discussion on pocket carry in cargo pants within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is probably a personal preference thing, as I read the above comments I see some very good remarks about this and agree with all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: pocket carry in cargo pants

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This is probably a personal preference thing, as I read the above comments I see some very good remarks about this and agree with all of them.

I do usually carry in my cargo pocket, in a Remora holster. It just seems comfortable to me, frees up my pockets for the normal things like keys and money, and I personally don't have any problems getting to it and getting it out of the pocket. All of my cargo's have velcro closures so it just rips open and my hands on the gun. I honestly prefer it. Yes, it does flail and flop a little bit, but I've learned that not all cargo pockets are equal and I've learned to compensate for that.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

When I carry my 642 in hot weather in cargo shorts, I carry in a Nemesis pocket holster in the upper right front pocket. Tried the cargo pocket just once, and never again! Banged around against my leg too much.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Yep but in a holster. If you can see it prints like a wallet. Works good with the hoster and I can draw fast. I have a couple pairs of new Blackhawk pants with elastic bands in the pocket for a mag. I could put a small hand gun in there but have not tried it yet.

Front pocket but the cargo pockets are great for spare mags.

Quote Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
    How well my CCW fits in a pocket is one of the things I check when shopping for trousers. Anything heavy in cargo pockets will pound on you.
    I check the same thing now.

For me, j-frame in the right front pocket whenever possible (with Desantis Superfly holster). I have 2 pairs of cargo shorts that pull this off very well, but not so many long pants.

I put it in the cargo pocket only when the front pocket won't work (and not doing IWB). Not often, since it moves around alot and can be clumsy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links