Medical bill

This is a discussion on Medical bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Obie1 Hmm, I had to check a few boxes saying I was not nuts or chronically drunk, but never heard of a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Medical bill

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obie1 View Post
    Hmm, I had to check a few boxes saying I was not nuts or chronically drunk, but never heard of a medical records check. Don't give em any ideas.
    Hi!

There are 2 or 3 "red" towns in MA who demand letters from MDs attesting to your mental state as part of their arbitrary LTC issuance process (under "suitability" they can demand anything they want).

The state does a mental health records check with the DMH database. It only gets them records for court-ordered treatment however, not any voluntary treatments.
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

That's the way it is in Kentucky too. Only if you institutionalized by the State it will it show up on a medical check. Handing in any personal info is a violation of the doctor patient relationship.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    That's the way it is in Kentucky too. Only if you institutionalized by the State it will it show up on a medical check. Handing in any personal info is a violation of the doctor patient relationship.
    If they demand that you sign a waiver, no law is violated by the doctor providing info.

Nothing in MGL would prohibit such action by a PD . . . they could demand a DNA, urine and stool sample too all under "suitability" and it would fly in a MA court.
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    might be mental health part of the local ingrowed sheriffs family's tree got uprooted and
    twisted links in NC are too be feared.

cricket anyone?
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Greetings, NESer. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I hope that doesn't count.
    Last edited by Obie1; June 5th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS View Post
    If they demand that you sign a waiver, no law is violated by the doctor providing info.

Nothing in MGL would prohibit such action by a PD . . . they could demand a DNA, urine and stool sample too all under "suitability" and it would fly in a MA court.
    I agree if a waiver is signed but in this Commonwealth of Kentucky we have no waivers and if it doesn't show as a State committal it doesn't count toward denial of the application for the CC license
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Hi, Bravonc. Here finally is a helpful response to your question. I understood your grammar and being a longtime NC resident know where you live. OK, obviously I don't know what's going on behind the scenes with your application, but NC requires a medical background check to make sure you're only moderately insane (aren't we all?) and have no major physical infirmaries. The sheriff requests these records from major hospitals and health-care facilities in your area. They're obligated to reply promptly but may charge a fee for this service. What I found when I applied for mine is that I wasn't charged by the hospital I had spent the night in but was charged by the one that had never heard of me. Again, that would vary from place to place. Also, my son and I applied at the same time and his bill for the place that charged us came two weeks before mine did -- same hospital. And he was charged by the one where I was admitted but I wasn't. Did the sheriff dept. tell you to call and check at a certain point in the process? Durham Co. SD told us to call back after 30 days and check on our medical records. I called at that point and they said they had indeed received all of our records and our apps has been sent to the SBI for processing and printing. Note that they have 45 days to give you a permit (or turn it down) from the time they receive all records. The only way to know when that is is to call them and ask if they have them. This is a moot point, but for us in Durham it took 58 total days from the time we applied and 24 days from the time I called and they said they had our records.

BTW: my 21-YO son's having a blast going around with his S&W .38 Special under his T-shirt. I liked his Tagua paddle so much I got one myself.

Good luck! NC needs more law-abiding citizens who CCW.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links