Medical bill

Medical bill

This is a discussion on Medical bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend with whom i took the ccw class with that he has received the bill for the medical background check within a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Medical bill

Medical bill

I have a friend with whom i took the ccw class with that he has received the bill for the medical background check within a week from the application date, he lives in meck county, while i have not received any bills 3 weeks after my application, but i live in union county. Anyone has experience in when i should receive any bill? Not that i like to pay, but i wonder about the process!

This forum has people from around the United States, and even some from outside the US. Please consider identifying your state as well as your county for clarity. Also consider employing proper punctuation and capitalization to aid in our understanding of your request.

---- I am not a huge grammar Nazi, but unless you write in a language I can understand, I cannot easily provide meaningful input.

Try something like this:

I live in Union County [insert state here]. We are required to obtain a medical background check as part of our concealed carry application process. A gentleman with whom I took the course received a bill within a week after requesting his records. He lives in [Meck?] County......blah, blah, blah.....
    wmhawth, Spirit51, suntzu and 3 others like this.

thats JUST nuts...LOL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    This forum has people from around the United States, and even some from outside the US. Please consider identifying your state as well as your county for clarity. Also consider employing proper punctuation and capitalization to aid in our understanding of your request.

---- I am not a huge grammar Nazi, but unless you write in a language I can understand, I cannot easily provide meaningful input.

Try something like this:

I live in Union County [insert state here]. We are required to obtain a medical background check as part of our concealed carry application process. A gentleman with whom I took the course received a bill within a week after requesting his records. He lives in [Meck?] County......blah, blah, blah.....
    Sounds like NC-- There is a Union County and a Mecklenburg County in that state. I don't remember anyone
    else ever voicing a similar complaint to the OP's. Yup, it would help to know what state so those folks chime in.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    You can rule out Union County Tennessee, no medical bills associated with carry permits....
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

A MEDICAL background check???? I am confused. I didn't have that....just a background check through the Highway Patrol.

If anyone else has had this "medical background" check.....what did they check?

Eyes, ears, Blood pressure, breathing, heart rate, or brain???

BTW I had to pay for the Highway Patrol check. That just stands to reason.
    Last edited by Spirit51; June 2nd, 2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: add
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

For my permit the medical part consisted of lifting my gun to fire down range. No bill for that. Sorry your state requires BS stuff like that.

I have an NC CHP, and I did not need to obtain a medical statement of any kind. Is it a county sheriff's requirement?

I've been hanging around this forum since 2007 and this would be the first post I've seen suggesting a required medical clearance for a CHP. A physical exam was required for me to carry a gun for Uncle Sam but that's it.

So you mean the rectal exam was not really part of the training class???

Quote Originally Posted by doubledown View Post
    so you mean the rectal exam was not really part of the training class???

O M G !!!!
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Sounds to me like Bravon's friend has one of those "caring" health providers who don't lift a finger without a attaching a fee of some kind. I'm guessing they got a request from the Sheriff for prescription/psychiatric info. etc, provided it, and sent their lucky patient a bill for their effort...that seems to be the way some outfits operate anymore.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

There are some counties in North Carolina that the CLEO requires a mental health check, perhaps it is in reference to that, the county to county requirements can vary slightly.

Sent from this... Using that...

For those who asked i am in North Carolina. Yes medical background check are required here. They will contact your doctor (need to sign a release form so that they can do it) to "check" if you do not use any kind of psycho drugs or anything that can impair your decision or anything that could be a red flag in order to issue your permit. They will also use a third party agency to research mental institution in the are and see if have any problem of this kind. i think this portion will be then billed directly to you.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMedic8617 View Post
    There are some counties in North Carolina that the CLEO requires a mental health check, perhaps it is in reference to that, the county to county requirements can vary slightly.
    That's horrid.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links