Watch out Florida carriers....

This is a discussion on Watch out Florida carriers.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by iKonixx I may be wrong, but it looks like he wasn't making any attempt at covering his weapon according to the arrest ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Watch out Florida carriers....

Quote Originally Posted by iKonixx View Post
    I may be wrong, but it looks like he wasn't making any attempt at covering his weapon according to the arrest affidavit. It said that his "skin tight" tank top was tucked in.

http://www.allnineyards.com/wp-conte.../NormanAA.jpeg
    if the weapon was covered by the tamk top he was concealed, PRINTING is NOT illegal here in FLA.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    pretty pathetic attempt at concealment. Open carry is forbidden in Florida......anyone with a CCW here knows it....and "wife beaters" don't qualify as good CCW garb.
    Jail time for stupid is pretty typical for breaking the law for anything. I've been carrying for over six years, and I know the definition of "concealed". This guy does not.
    there is no law against printing, if the weapon was concealed this is a bad arrest.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    there is no law against printing, if the weapon was concealed this is a bad arrest.

You haven't watched the dash cam video have you?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Even in states that allow open carry you have to be very careful. Open carry in Wisconsin is legal if the gun is COMPLETELY uncovered. This means if you have a IWB holster you can get in trouble if any part of it can be seen.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Even in states that allow open carry you have to be very careful. Open carry in Wisconsin is legal if the gun is COMPLETELY uncovered. This means if you have a IWB holster you can get in trouble if any part of it can be seen.
    Just ask the guys at the culvers near east towne mall in Madison

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    You haven't watched the dash cam video have you?
    you're right but that's what this part of my comment was for

'if the weapon was concealed'

VIP Member
    Not too bright to be ignorant of stupid laws.

Yes, what he did was a violation of the law. But that doesn't mean the law isn't dumb. Listen to the remarks of LEO in the next video. The argument is akin to "We will react to the 'threat' of open carry. We will be happily ignorant to the 'threat' of concealed carry. So, for public safety, we would rather not know who is armed."

But it's a free country, and people are free to elect officials that pass dumb laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    It didn't look accidentally exposed to me either. I much prefer Tennessee's law to Florida's. We're just issued carry permits. You can tape the gun to your forehead and carry it if you choose.

The above should in no way be construed as an endorsement of forehead carry of firearms. Please use a holster and carry responsibly.
    Good Ole Rocky Top!

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Say what? With a permit? With a permit you can carry concealed, half concealed, one eight concealed, or open in Wisconsin. Without a permit open carry only.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    A skin tight shirt and sagging pants don't make for good CC.
    Sag your pants enough and it has the feel of a thigh holster, which we all know is more tacticool.

I watched the video...The guy was walking down the sidewalk with his holstered weapon exposed on his side. IF he was making an attempt to conceal, it was a poor try and he found out quickly that "concealed means concealed"...As for the officers being "over zealous" in his apprehension, come on guys, they did nothing wrong in their procedure. The put him on his knees, hands behind his back, put him face down on the sidewalk, assumed a "proper" cuffing position, cuffed him, then assisted in rolling him over to his side and literally picked him up (gently), and took him to the transport vehicle. What was so over zealous in their procedures???...JMO
    Sig35seven likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

So I guess my normal EDC carry here in Tennessee of a double Bruscadero rig with twin stag handled long barreled Super Blackhawks wouldn't be welcomed in Florida, huh? I'll have to tell that guy on the phone that I don't want that ocean front condo then!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I watched the video...The guy was walking down the sidewalk with his holstered weapon exposed on his side. IF he was making an attempt to conceal, it was a poor try and he found out quickly that "concealed means concealed"...As for the officers being "over zealous" in his apprehension, come on guys, they did nothing wrong in their procedure. The put him on his knees, hands behind his back, put him face down on the sidewalk, assumed a "proper" cuffing position, cuffed him, then assisted in rolling him over to his side and literally picked him up (gently), and took him to the transport vehicle. What was so over zealous in their procedures???...JMO
    Open carry is a Class II misdemeanor. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hruk View Post
    Just ask the guys at the culvers near east towne mall in Madison
    Who? The ones that refused to cooperate to try to prove a point?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

might want to try Myrtle Beach, SC. for vacation.

the sherriff there openly advocates people legally carrying ... suggested every woman enroll in carry permit class.

and they don't have the musky, locker room smelling swamps. :) nor an abundance of retired folk who lived nawth of the mason dixon line.

sent from my sending device

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links