Watch out Florida carriers.... - Page 3

Watch out Florida carriers....

This is a discussion on Watch out Florida carriers.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He made a very poor decision on how to conceal that day. Now he has fines, lawyers and court to look forward to....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Watch out Florida carriers....

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    He made a very poor decision on how to conceal that day. Now he has fines, lawyers and court to look forward to.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    In my opinion, it looked to me that he needs a lessen on how to conceal his firearm. If he is allowed to carry again, I think he may have the message. There is no excuse for that. When I was in Florida, I carried a Glock and a backup Snub every day. I wore a T-Shirt and Shorts. No problems. As it is Concealed Carriers are under the Spotlight and have to pay attention to what they are doing at all times. You have to remember, When we do something Right, NO ONE REMEMBERS. when we make a mistake or do something wrong, NO ONE FORGETS.

I think it's pretty clear he was concealing very poorly if at all.
    Ii wonder,however, if he even had a CWFL in the first place.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    I think it's pretty clear he was concealing very poorly if at all.
    Ii wonder,however, if he even had a CWFL in the first place.
    He received his CWFL three days prior to this incident.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by tnlc9 View Post
    might want to try Myrtle Beach, SC. for vacation.

the sherriff there openly advocates people legally carrying ... suggested every woman enroll in carry permit class.

and they don't have the musky, locker room smelling swamps. :) nor an abundance of retired folk who lived nawth of the mason dixon line.

sent from my sending device
    Are you thinking of the Sheriff of Spartanburg County that was on the news? Myrtle Beach is in Horry County. In my opinion, Myrtle Beach is no better than Florida, and SC doesn't allow Open Carry anyway. I'm from SC and I'll take Georgia and it's gun laws over FL or SC any day.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    There was nothing accidental about this exposure. This was more like open carry.

If he was trying to conceal, he was doing a poor job of it. Maybe he just wanted to look cool.

What a crappy law. I still think FL is disguised as a northern liberal state.

In ID we can carry concealed with a license, or open carry with or without license.

Therefore, I could carry in a speedo IWB holster if I so chose.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I live too close to Ft. Pierce, and with the PD's reputation and the lack of civilization within its juridiction, I'm sure there was over-reaction on both sides. Common sence and a little intelligence goes a long way--something that's in short supply in FP.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Good god. Why bother with a permit in FL? If anybody sees it you're f'ed anyway and if they don't see it who knows? I'm glad I live in the good 'ol South! And no, FL doesn't count. Too many damn retired Yankees.
    Everything North of Ocala is the south and almost everything below Ocala is the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Maybe he wanted to be a test case...
    Someone has to push the envelope to eradicate bad legislation. Whether that was his intent or he just made a bad decision who knows? I hope that some second amendment lawyer/group will evaluate his case for merit and maybe do a little pro bono work to restore Floridian's right to OC. I'd like to see a second front opened in Florida rather than let the antis focus solely on Zimmerman and stand your ground. More likely Jesse Jackson will swoop in...

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    pretty pathetic attempt at concealment. Open carry is forbidden in Florida......anyone with a CCW here knows it....and "wife beaters" don't qualify as good CCW garb.
    Jail time for stupid is pretty typical for breaking the law for anything. I've been carrying for over six years, and I know the definition of "concealed". This guy does not.
    As good an answer as many others. You want to CC, you better know the law. This case goes beyond "accidental" visibility. A tight white see thru undershirt--ya gotta be kidding. He is getting what he deserves.

Carrying using an OWB holster and a short t shirt that doesn't cover the holster is open carry and in Fla you cant do that. Fla is one of the states thats doesn't allow Open Carry. Hopefully one day that will change.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Everything North of Ocala is the south and almost everything below Ocala is the North.
    That is the truth.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I live too close to Ft. Pierce, and with the PD's reputation and the lack of civilization within its juridiction, I'm sure there was over-reaction on both sides. Common sence and a little intelligence goes a long way--something that's in short supply in FP.
    I lived in Ft Pierce from 88 to 93, it was a ruff town then and I hear it's gotten much worse.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links