Watch out Florida carriers....

Watch out Florida carriers....

This is a discussion on Watch out Florida carriers.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Keep it covered. Arrested and Prosecuted for Accidental Exposure of Lawfully Carried Handgun | All Nine Yards...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Watch out Florida carriers....

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Note to self. White tank tops don't make good cover garments.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

From the video it seems there was no real attempt to conceal the weapon. Seems to me the gentlemen did not/does not know the laws of the state in which he holds a permit. Another issue of note is that the arrest affidavit says his shirt was tucked in but from the video that does not appear to be accurate.

Good god. Why bother with a permit in FL? If anybody sees it you're f'ed anyway and if they don't see it who knows? I'm glad I live in the good 'ol South! And no, FL doesn't count. Too many damn retired Yankees.
    jrclen and Guest1 like this.

I may be wrong, but it looks like he wasn't making any attempt at covering his weapon according to the arrest affidavit. It said that his "skin tight" tank top was tucked in.

http://www.allnineyards.com/wp-conte.../NormanAA.jpeg
    The Old Anglo and bigmacque like this.
    "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

sgb
    While I believe the Officers were a little overzealous in the manner they took him into custody it was pretty obvious that this incident was more than a simple accidental exposure, much more like improperly concealed. While I don't agree with the prohibition of open carry this individual clearly did not meet the States definition of "Concealed" and was in violation of the law as it stands.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

pretty pathetic attempt at concealment. Open carry is forbidden in Florida......anyone with a CCW here knows it....and "wife beaters" don't qualify as good CCW garb.
    Jail time for stupid is pretty typical for breaking the law for anything. I've been carrying for over six years, and I know the definition of "concealed". This guy does not.
    RayBar, bigmacque and 357and40 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by iKonixx View Post
    I may be wrong, but it looks like he wasn't making any attempt at covering his weapon according to the arrest affidavit. It said that his "skin tight" tank top was tucked in.

It didn't look accidentally exposed to me either. I much prefer Tennessee's law to Florida's. We're just issued carry permits. You can tape the gun to your forehead and carry it if you choose.

The above should in no way be construed as an endorsement of forehead carry of firearms. Please use a holster and carry responsibly.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by iKonixx View Post

Yeah, smells fishy to me.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

After looking at the video, it looks like his shirt was untucked to me. It just wasn't covering the entire holster. Still, not a well thought out clothing choice that day.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

I'd like more info.
    FL recently passed an amendment to the concealed carry law which allows accidental and short term exposure of a weapon.This was actually a compromise of the attempt to just legalize OC completely.
    Secret Spuk, rolyat63 and sigs like this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    I'd like more info.
    FL recently passed an amendment to the concealed carry law which allows accidental and short term exposure of a weapon.This was actually a compromise of the attempt to just legalize OC completely.
    And it provided no definition or guidelines as to what constitutes an accidental or brief exposure. That is left entirely up to the Officer to determine, not much protection.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Maybe he wanted to be a test case...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    A skin tight shirt and sagging pants don't make for good CC.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links