who makes a good IWB magazine holder

This is a discussion on who makes a good IWB magazine holder within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to buy one and want to hear some feedback on the best to buy....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who makes a good IWB magazine holder

Looking to buy one and want to hear some feedback on the best to buy.

Crossbreed's mag holder is worth considering. I bought one and have worn it several times with no problems. The only complaint is the Glock 30 mag fits pretty tightly in the holder and really takes a tug to get out. But that's better than having fall out while doing a Wally walk.
    The Crossbreeds might be a bit pricier than some of the others out there but just like with holsters you get what you pay for.

TT Gunleather has some nice ones
    I have their holsters. Top notch quality.

Also, check out Brigade (advert on right --->). Their stuff looks nice.

Galco makes the UDCMC (Ultra Deep Cover Magazine Carrier).

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Crossbreed!!!!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Dale Fricke Holsters

Last couple towards the bottom of the page.

dan

I have never liked IWB magazine holders until I started using the Remora. With other IWB's, they ended up poking me in the ribs, with the Remora, I can easily adjust how high it rides and the cant. It also works well for a back pocket. The price is nice too, $24 for two of them

DC
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    I have never liked IWB magazine holders until I started using the Remora. With other IWB's, they ended up poking me in the ribs, with the Remora, I can easily adjust how high it rides and the cant. It also works well for a back pocket. The price is nice too, $24 for two of them
    I've been looking at buying a IWB mag holster. Does the Remora just tuck into the waistband with no clips?

Is this what you have?

Remora Single Mag Holder 2 Pack

I found a clip model that looks good to me:

DeSantis The Fly High Magazine Pouch Style A78 FREE S&H A78PDGGZ0, A78PCGGZ0, A78PCJJZ0, A78PCLLZ0, A78PDJJZ0, A78PDLLZ0. DeSantis Pouches.

We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by tessa View Post
    +1 on TT Gunleather. Check out their Stronghold stuff. Much faster and great quality.

IDK when you start talking about 50-65 bucks for a mag holder, then I would just get a second gun holster and have a complete back up weapon.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag..._1600_1200.jpg
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I have an Uncle Mike's that I can use IWB or OWB. This the Kydex. I gave one away a few years ago to another member here. Pretty sweet, but I would much rather stow an extra mag some other way than an IWB holder. For the single stack mags.....I could see doing an IWB holder for those and I have. Those double stacks just seem to be a pain in the other side no matter where they go. I'm thinking of a necktie mag holder......but then I don't wear ties......maybe some kind of leather tie around the neck hanging down around chest level. Not sure. I do know that the Bruce Willis duct tape on back between the shoulder blades wouldn't last long in the summer heat......but it is something to think about since duct tape is cheaper than a No-No and removes unwanted hair just as effectively.
    Okay.......on a more serious note.....I'm not one of those who habitually carries a spare mag unless it is for my single stack. I sort of like odd numbers like 9, 11, 13, 15. I can actually carry a BUG (in same caliber using same mags) just about as easily as concealing and carrying a spare magazine for a one and only.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dale Fricke's kydex Archangel holsters......I own 3 of them. I ordered a iwb mag holder for my Sig P220 and just can't get used to wearing it. It tends to move laterally on my waist and pokes me in the ribs....so I've gone back to just carrying my extra mag in my weakside pocket. Pretty much doesn't allow me to carry anything else in that pocket, but I find this option the most comfortable.

Go to you tube and look up "hickock45" videos. He did a 20 minute video on a variety of IWB holsters. Good info. I use a crossbreed for my XD 9 service model and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by tessa View Post
    +2, Wouldn't use anything else.
    I carry a .45 because having to shoot twice is just silly!
    Warning Shots Will Be Center Mass!

ARMY '56 to '65 SFC
    Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger And Still Being Alive To Brag About It!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links