First encounter with a Trooper

This is a discussion on First encounter with a Trooper within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This afternoon after leaving the office I stopped by home and was headed to the range. I pulled up to the 4 way light and ...

Like Tree30Likes
  • 3 Post By flydoc
  • 1 Post By Pistology
  • 4 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 6 Post By OldVet
  • 15 Post By Skidboot
  • 1 Post By Pistology

Thread: First encounter with a Trooper

This afternoon after leaving the office I stopped by home and was headed to the range. I pulled up to the 4 way light and stopped, I'm the 1st car at the light. It turns green and I start to move then the Deputy stopped to my right, cross traffic, pulls out and hits his lights he barley missed the front of my SUV, then hits his siren. Naturally I stop and a few seconds later I get rearended. I pull over and so does the lady behind me and an OHP Trooper who was at the light. I get out and go to look at the rear of my car, I hadn't seen OHP at the light so I was already out when he pulled up. I hand him my DL and CCP, and he says "you ok" I told him yes and he goes to the lady to get her license. He runs them and asks if I want to file a report. There's no damage to either car so I told him "No need" he hands back my license and says "Ok, Have a nice day" He never asked to disarm me or where my CCW was. Very professional and polite.

Quote Originally Posted by flydoc View Post
    This afternoon after leaving the office I stopped by home and was headed to the range. I pulled up to the 4 way light and stopped, I'm the 1st car at the light. It turns green and I start to move then the Deputy stopped to my right, cross traffic, pulls out and hits his lights he barley missed the front of my SUV, then hits his siren. Naturally I stop and a few seconds later I get rearended. I pull over and so does the lady behind me and an OHP Trooper who was at the light. I get out and go to look at the rear of my car, I hadn't seen OHP at the light so I was already out when he pulled up. I hand him my DL and CCP, and he says "you ok" I told him yes and he goes to the lady to get her license. He runs them and asks if I want to file a report. There's no damage to either car so I told him "No need" he hands back my license and says "Ok, Have a nice day" He never asked to disarm me or where my CCW was. Very professional and polite.
    Excellent. Glad you had a positive experience.

VIP Member
    What's so positive about a cop causing an accident?
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    One positive, for once when you needed a cop one was closer than 10 minutes away!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    I'd say the woman who hit him caused the accident. She should have been paying attention to the road rather than her cell, makeup, etc.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I shared this on another forum, but I think it's funny enough to repeat here. Last winter I was stopped by the HP in AZ because I had a headlight out (I didn't know it). When the trooper approached my car, I said, "Before we get started, I want you to know that I have a.380 semi-auto on my belt and a 9mm in the glove box; do you have any special instructions?" He paused a second and then said, "If it were me, I'd have the 9mm on my belt and the .380 in the glove box." That was it. A good experience that still makes me laugh.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    I shared this on another forum, but I think it's funny enough to repeat here. Last winter I was stopped by the HP in AZ because I had a headlight out (I didn't know it). When the trooper approached my car, I said, "Before we get started, I want you to know that I have a.380 semi-auto on my belt and a 9mm in the glove box; do you have any special instructions?" He paused a second and then said, "If it were me, I'd have the 9mm on my belt and the .380 in the glove box." That was it. A good experience that still makes me laugh.
    LOL. That sounds like our local LEO's.

Haha, nice. I like it.

Flydoc, I'm glad your experience was a good one. I've had a few now (no tickets) and have had positive experiences each time.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'd say the woman who hit him caused the accident. She should have been paying attention to the road rather than her cell, makeup, etc.
    No, the cop wasn't at fault, it was the woman who was at fault. But she was just pulling up to the line when the duputy jumped in front of traffic with lights and siren and stopping the OP. The cop wasn't in the accident - he just caused it. Hopefully the OP or the woman aren't too sore. But if the woman had been on the cell or the compact, the OHP probably would've been talking to her instead of asking the OP if he's gonna press charges.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Ok, I truly did laugh out loud at this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I think it was two seperate cops, so one initiated the traffic sittuation, and a seperate one interacted well with the OP.
    Walk softly ...

That is awesome!

That's too perfect. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links