Concealed carry life: Open carry vs. Concealed carry

This is a discussion on Concealed carry life: Open carry vs. Concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I prefer concealed carry....

View Poll Results: If You had your choice of open vs concealed which would you choose?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Open Carry

24 15.09%
  • Concealed Carry

135 84.91%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Concealed carry life: Open carry vs. Concealed carry

I prefer concealed carry.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

I feel more comfortable with CC. Don't want the hassels of OC with the public or uninformed LEOs

sgb
    Never have much cared about what other people think in relation to what legal activities I prefer to do.
    Badey, First Sgt and ericb327 like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

mkh
    I voted for concealed but there are time when I wound OC if it was legal.

You have gotten into the great debate. OC Vs. CC. I prefer CC, it fits my life style better. FYI I live in an OC state.

Edit to add: Neither style of carry is worth a dam if you do not train the way you carry.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I voted concealed. I will however take full advantage of open carry whenever I get the chance. Just so happens I don't get the chance often enough.
    ron8903 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Ditto on SunTzu's comment. Must be a NH thang.
    NC too.

I mostly CC because of the potential social implications of OCing. In my area, I doubt I would have much of an issue. In liberalhippyville of Athens, which is basically the same town, I might have a few issues. I don't CC because of the tactical advantage. I am just more of a reserved kind of guy. Now, if the masses began to OC, I would certainly follow the trend. It is much more comfortable to OC and I have much quicker access to my firearm that way. There is just so much ignorance, misinformation, backwards ideologies, and media hysteria, and (most importantly) uneducated assumptions that are associated with firearms in regards to the general public. Unfortunately, and slightly cowardly, I'll avoid dealing with all of that.

I guess one major benefit of CCing is that I can carry in places that are posted in my state without repercussion.

[QUOTE=JD;2281024]For me concealed carry just fits my life better.

For carrying @ work to my mode of dress outside of work and not wanting even the remote chance of unfavorable contact with LE, concealed carry just works better for me.

AGREED! Exactly how I feel.

In Texas, we do not have the choice. It's concealed or nothing in the overwhelming majority of instances. However, I'm a proponent of Open-Carry. I'd really like to be able to sit down at a restaurant and take off my sport coat, thus exposing my holstered sidearm, and not raise a ruckus. Or, fill up my pickup at the gas station without having to worry about putting a jacket or shirt to cover the holstered firearm. Etc etc.

Funny thing is, when I was in LE, our "uniform" was usually starched Wranglers, button-down cotton shirts, Stetson or Resitol hat and a brown or black leather belt that held our holster, magazine holder, and handcuffs. Unlike (so many of) the stormtrooper LE types today, we didn't feel the need to carry four magazines, three radios, two batons, one pepper spray and a partridge in a pear tree.

We rarely got a second look, especially here in Texas, when we'd take our sport coats off at a restaurant and oops, there were our guns. First thing people see is a gun, half the time they never even see the badge clipped on next to the gun and a lot of times, the badge stayed inside the shirt pocket on a leather holder. We were usually just another couple of well-dressed cowboys who happened to be packing pistols and ammo.

Of course, the handcuffs often gave us away. . .

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

I have no choice. There are times when I am working outside and it would be nice to be able to take my shirt off. Unless I am using my fanny pack that is not an option.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I won't argue the benefits and cons on both sides, there's really no point because there's not enough data to prove one way or the other...
    Sure there is. There's data that says nobody carrying a concealed -- CONCEALED! -- weapon was ever gunned down by a brain-dead cop in a Costco. If somebody knows you have it, that's a different story. And history supports this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Sure there is. There's data that says nobody carrying a concealed -- CONCEALED! -- weapon was ever gunned down by a brain-dead cop in a Costco. If somebody knows you have it, that's a different story. And history supports this.
    Ya know. Besides being an idiotic statement that has no value to the discussion of this thread, crap like that gets threads shut down. You got a problem, start a new thread.

I prefer to OC (but I also CC), since I find it easier, and I like people (the few that actually notice) that someone can carry a gun without anyone being threatened or hurt.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

DC
    I only CC. I liked the video. Some good points made, I'll check out some of your other videos.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links