So is Wal-Mart Gun Friendly, or is it not? - Page 4

So is Wal-Mart Gun Friendly, or is it not?

This is a discussion on So is Wal-Mart Gun Friendly, or is it not? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by First Sgt WHY would you want to contact Corporate and stir the pot against conceal carry? "UHHH, scuse me Mr. Corporate Dingaling...Do ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: So is Wal-Mart Gun Friendly, or is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    WHY would you want to contact Corporate and stir the pot against conceal carry? "UHHH, scuse me Mr. Corporate Dingaling...Do you realize how confusing your gun signs are in your stores. If you don't want us to carry in your stores, then here is exactly how the signs should be, so I can go ahead and leave my weapon in my vehicle when I park, so you might want to go ahead and get all of the signs corrected"....

Geez....read the laws of the state you live in, know them, and follow them. What's so difficult about that?
    Actually, WalMart Corporate has been very proactive against "Cowboy" managers who have posted WalMart's in the past. No reason to think they have changed their attitude.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

FL is pretty simple...
    Signs meaning nothing and there is no OC (other than when hunting and fishing)...I have never seen a sign at a Wally World, or anywhere else I go in FL.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My Wisconsin walmart is ok, but the bank in the front lobby has a sign on the wall. It's funny, but when you are banking, you can have 1 foot in Walmart, and 1 foot in the bank. I still carry there.

The only gun buster sign I've seen since I moved to FL is at the bank I go to. It seems it is a company-wide thing as it is a national chain and the ones in other states are posted also with the exact same sign. Thanks to direct deposit, drive thru, and atm, I have no need to ever step foot in the building. If, for whatever reason, I did have reason to step foot inside the signs don't hold force of law in FL. Maybe we'll get OC some day like Virginia has. I didn't OC much, but at least I knew I could.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Not sure about Walmart but Sears is gun friendly. Target is not. They spend their profits fighting against our gun rights.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I OC and CC in Wal-Mart in Kentucky and have never had a problem from them.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

GH
    I'm planning on going to Walmart in the Milwaukee, WI area in the near future to pick up some cheap ammo. Since I'm licensed to carry I will. I'll post what the results are. If they have a no firearms sign I won't bother going in.

I can see both sides of the no firearms in businesses question. It's a private business & they can do anything they want. I can elect not to patronize them. My feelings are that the signs should read "no unlicensed firearm"s. You can bet that an unlicensed thug will be carrying. All that accomplishes is to keep the honest, trained, licensed gun carrier from shopping there. I'll be darned if I'll stow my pistol in the car for someone to break in & steal it. There are no hiding places that a thief can't find.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    The WW and Sam's around here are 2A friendly. The new Costco has the gun buster sign in the exit door. You can't see it when you go in but its there when you go out. So I shop at Sam's really the same thing as costco. Buckwheat Jr works at WW and I use his discount card to purchase ammo. I get an additional 10% off. Since he is there I know when they get a fresh shipments in.

Have never seen a No Guns sign at any WalMart I frequent in a number of states.

I did notice at Fin Feather Fur in Ashland OH that they had a "you must unload and check in your weapons" which really struck me as odd. Then I read further and the sign indicated that CC permit holders were free to carry concealed...

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I've OC'd to WM a few times and haven't had any issues. No signs posted at the ones I've visited in CO.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by pfries View Post
    I carry and quite often OC in the one by me, no issues to date.
    Sam's club is the only business I have ever been in where I was someone open carrying. He was being waited on by a Sam's Club employee and wasn't causing anyone to even take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I'm planning on going to Walmart in the Milwaukee, WI area in the near future to pick up some cheap ammo. Since I'm licensed to carry I will. I'll post what the results are. If they have a no firearms sign I won't bother going in.

I can see both sides of the no firearms in businesses question. It's a private business & they can do anything they want. I can elect not to patronize them. My feelings are that the signs should read "no unlicensed firearm"s. You can bet that an unlicensed thug will be carrying. All that accomplishes is to keep the honest, trained, licensed gun carrier from shopping there. I'll be darned if I'll stow my pistol in the car for someone to break in & steal it. There are no hiding places that a thief can't find.
    Not meaning to bust your chops, but your point about no unlicensed firearms doesn't make sense, you might as well put up a sign that says no criminals with guns allowed, because either the gun is legal or it's not. If they don't care about carrying an illegal gun then they are not going to care about a sign.
    ArmyMan likes this.

Walmart in Copperas Cove, Tx has only Unlicensed possession of a weapon, etc sign posted. So, CC is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I'm planning on going to Walmart in the Milwaukee, WI area in the near future to pick up some cheap ammo. Since I'm licensed to carry I will. I'll post what the results are. If they have a no firearms sign I won't bother going in.I can see both sides of the no firearms in businesses question. It's a private business & they can do anything they want. I can elect not to patronize them. My feelings are that the signs should read "no unlicensed firearm"s. You can bet that an unlicensed thug will be carrying. All that accomplishes is to keep the honest, trained, licensed gun carrier from shopping there. I'll be darned if I'll stow my pistol in the car for someone to break in & steal it. There are no hiding places that a thief can't find.
    They won't. At least I hope they won't. That would be pretty odd. And don't forget your nachos! Actually I had to change to either a mini cheeseburger or McNuggets. McD's moved in on the nacho stand. Why couldn't they have put in a Subway or something....</thread drift>
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Yup, my local WW in WI is also friendly. Never saw any signs nor anyone being bothered by management.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links