Carried for the first time-Perceptions vs. Reality - Page 4

Carried for the first time-Perceptions vs. Reality

This is a discussion on Carried for the first time-Perceptions vs. Reality within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only time I don't feel self conscious about carrying is when I carry the Nano in a SmartCarry, in which it totally disappears. Most ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Carried for the first time-Perceptions vs. Reality

The only time I don't feel self conscious about carrying is when I carry the Nano in a SmartCarry, in which it totally disappears. Most of my clothing is on the tight side though, I just am not comfortable in baggy clothing.

How did our society become so sensitized to anyone other than LE carrying a weapon?
    ArmyMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneoclock View Post
    How did our society become so sensitized to anyone other than LE carrying a weapon?
    Hoplophobia...

Educate yourselves and the masses!!!

It's a good read.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    6ft 7in and 300lbs, need not much gun you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Said well, that was.
    Civil_Response likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danwdooley View Post
    I think it's a common concern and partly due to the "newness" of it. Until yesterday I did not have my holster so the few times I've been out since receiving my license, I've just tucked it down inside my pants with the overhang of my loose heavy tee shirt on the outside. I feel like I walked "funny" and tried to "get over it" and soon I did feel I was acting more natural. Funny how that "acting natural" is the hardest thing to do when you're actually working at and conscious of it. Kinda reminds me of a story and my experience in a mental health hospital many years ago, but I digress.

I started carrying mine at about the 4 o'clock position but I kept feeling like the butt was sticking out in a huge bump from my side. Well I don't think that it was, but I felt like it probably was. Just that consciousness of the presence. Later I moved it to 3 o'clock and for me at least, and my gun (a CZ82) I think that is going to work out the best. The grip lays more flat against my body and gives me less of a feeling of it sticking out.

Now, on the belt thing. Many posts suggest "get a good belt". What defines a good belt? As opposed to a bad belt. I wear a couple different ones. For jeans and jean shorts, the belt is a little wider. It is something of a western style. It's sturdy enough, leather and so to me it ought to be a good belt. For more dress, (business casual Dockers style) the belt I use most often is similar in size to the jeans belt. In both cases these belts give good support and are strong enough to hold things in place.

So what other characteristics in a belt should I look for?
    Good gun belts are generally thicker & more rigid than normal belts. I own a couple of good "Crossbreed" belts I bought off the CrossBreed Seconds website. I also really like my Wilderness Tactical nylon belt I bought from Midway.

-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links