Gun shop denying RKBA - Page 4

Gun shop denying RKBA

This is a discussion on Gun shop denying RKBA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most gun stores have that policy because not every person who walks in the door is as professional and safety conscious as you obviously are. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Gun shop denying RKBA

Most gun stores have that policy because not every person who walks in the door is as professional and safety conscious as you obviously are. There are too many times when some bubba whups out his gat to show it off and BLAM!

The store is private property and the owners can make whatever rules they wish, within the law.

A private gun store can not deny RKBA. Only government can do that in certain circumstances such as court houses, etc. Kinda like flying on commercial airlines. We all have the right to travel, but there is no right to travel on their airplanes. You can choose another method of travel if you wish to travel armed.

If you don't wish to be unarmed in their private establishment, you do not have to go inside. If you decide you do want to go inside, show the same respect to their private property rights that you would expect folks to show on your property.
    BenGoodLuck and Ogre like this.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    The store is private property and the owners can make whatever rules they wish, within the law.
    everyone understands that. it's strange though how many people will jump all over a restaurant that bans weapons and give a gun shop doing the same thing a pass. if the intent is to prevent some idiot from drawing a loaded gun at the counter to get a estimate of its value or something similar then they should simply make better signs. there's also something hypocritical about a business that capitalizes on the 2nd amendment simultaneously limiting it at their store.

Personally I am not a huge fan of acronyms or using the first letter of something rather than using the actual words.

With that said what does "RKBA" stand for.
    badge70 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Personally I am not a huge fan of acronyms or using the first letter of something rather than using the actual words.

With that said what does "RKBA" stand for.
    I was wondering the same thing and just Goggled it.

The four-letter acronym "RKBA" was already known to all of us; it of course stands for the Right (of the people) to Keep and Bear Arms, the phrase used in the ...

When ever I see a sign in question, I just ask. Went to Cabala's the other day for the first time while carrying. Of course they have that booth and sign right when you walk in the door "All firearms must be unloaded and checked in" I just asked the guys at the check in booth, told them I have a CCW permit and what is the store policy in regards to CCW? They just said keep it holstered.

Quote Originally Posted by sevtchevlle View Post

The four-letter acronym "RKBA" was already known to all of us; it of course stands for the Right (of the people) to Keep and Bear Arms, the phrase used in the ...
    In honor of acronym users I did the entire 2nd amendment for use.....

"AWRMBNTTSOAFSTROTPTKABASNBI"

Its kinda catchie don't ya think...
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I use to frequent several gun shops back in Virginia that I witnessed outrageous displays of gun mishandling by patrons whipping out their CCW to try out holsters, show it to store personnel, etc. One shop kept warning a guy and finally told him to leave and not come back until he learned safe gun handling skills. After what I witnessed there, I can't really blame shops for doing this anymore. The place I frequent here (gun store and range) posted a sign not long ago that says absolutely no loaded weapons for the same reason. I talked to the owner and he told me as long as I kept my CCW in its holster and concealed, I was fine. He said too many idiots started coming in there and whipping out their loaded weapons for one reason or another.
    This is the way it is at ATP gunshop in Summerville, SC. You are premitted CC, no problem as long as it stays in holster and concealed. It is called "common sense" folks but that is terribly lacking in this country with irresponsible stupid gun owners and crazed, politically correct, scared to death gunshop owners who have lost all sense of intelligence and common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev.357 View Post
    I went to Shooters Choice in West Columbia SC Friday looking for a IWB holster like Troy makes to get a feel for what I'm about to spend for his holsters. I got a SETH's holster hand made in Columbia. I wanted to try it on with my G32, I was carring it in an Intruder. We went to the counter & lifted my shirt on the main floor & hand my gun to the clerk. He unloads it & holds my clip & I put on the new holster & wore it around the store for 15min. I said; I'll take it, got a few other things & he hands my clip back & out the door I go.
    Why did you hand a loaded gun to the clerk? Shouldn't you have unloaded it first and then he could verify that it was unloaded after you handed it to him?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Went to the local gun store today to look at holsters. It doesn't have a huge selection but it has a nice selection. The owner asked if I had the gun with me. I said of course, how can you get a holster without the gun. He just laughed and said many try. He asked me if it was on safety and I told him it wasn't loaded. He said he didn't care if people have them loaded but they have to be on safety when they want to try holsters. Sounds reasonable to me.

Thought about a shoulder holster but he said I might be happier with a tummy holster. I want it to use it under a coat. He said you don't like it bring it back and get your money back. We will look at shoulder holsters. With my shoulder problems ( i have fibromyalgia and sometimes even touching my shoulders puts me in great pain ) a shoulder holster might not be real good fit for me. I wanted an alternative to carrying in my purse and since I don't wear pants that have belts I am limited to what I can use. I have tried to put holsters on the waist of my pants but they pull my pants down lol.

There is a sign that says something about unloaded guns but I figured that was for those bringing them in to get worked on or shipped out.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links