Florida CCW

Florida CCW

This is a discussion on Florida CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my Florida CCW (non-resident) one month to the day I dropped it in the mail. Not too bad. I've been without for six ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BuddhaBob
  • 1 Post By GH

Thread: Florida CCW

Florida CCW

I received my Florida CCW (non-resident) one month to the day I dropped it in the mail. Not too bad. I've been without for six months because I let it lapse when I was deployed. I'm back to being happy.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I'm assuming that you didn't drive to FL to get your permit? How did you go about getting it? I have a lot of ties with the military / my wife living in Clearwater. I figured I would get one just out of GP and its a good thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I'm assuming that you didn't drive to FL to get your permit? How did you go about getting it? I have a lot of ties with the military / my wife living in Clearwater. I figured I would get one just out of GP and its a good thing to have.
    go to this site, follow instructions and write your check, if you managed to get it right your permit will arrive shortly thereafter

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/app...structions.pdf

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum ; )
    H/D

It's pretty much what apvbguy stated. Request the packet, follow the directions, and send all documents and the check back. I'm assuming your current or former military- you can enclose your DD214, Hunters Education certificate, CCW certificate, or military ID (front and back). Some don't think you can provide a copy of your ID to a state govt but I believe you can. I provided a CCW and Hunters cert in lieu of my ID. I sent it via regular mail from Kansas.

Just for clarification Florida does not issue a "non resident" permit. They do issue a Florida permit to non residents though. Got one myself and I live in Arkansas. Not a big difference but it could have bearing in any law that states specifically "non resident" when describing a law or ordinance. Just a FYI.
    sgb likes this.
    Ut supra, Sic Infra...

Quote Originally Posted by Nkcci View Post
    I received my Florida CCW (non-resident) one month to the day I dropped it in the mail. Not too bad. I've been without for six months because I let it lapse when I was deployed. I'm back to being happy.
    That's pretty fast. I waited four weeks to the day up to three days ago, when I heard the changed message saying that the licence was printed and mailed off. So at this point I expect it in the mail any day, unless they sent it third class mail or ground UPS or something like that

D. Jolly

P.S. I actually couldn't find my DD214. It was probably just thown out at one time. Had the microfiche SRB, but not the papers. So I copied off my Honorable Discharge from the Marines from 1988, and the letter that came with it. I thought that was just as good for documentation actually.

GH
    Jollyman -

If you want free copies of your DD 214 & other records of military service go to this site -

About Military Service Records and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs, DD Form 214
    Jollymann likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I didn't know anything about that, GH. I'll make a mental note on it.

I actually got my card CC License from Florida in the mail today. Month and five days from when they got the papers there, to I get the card. Could be better. Could be a lot worse. Apparently it's a lot worse in some places like South Carolina.

D.M. Jolly

Links