Birmingham, AL, Zoo and Botanical Gardens CC

This is a discussion on Birmingham, AL, Zoo and Botanical Gardens CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. I did a search and couldn't find anything so if I missed something, please link me to another thread! I live in Jefferson ...

Hi all. I did a search and couldn't find anything so if I missed something, please link me to another thread!

I live in Jefferson County, AL, and am going to the zoo and gardens tomorrow (been both places before, but before I was 21). The Botanical Gardens website says they have a no firearms policy, but I haven't been able to find anything for the zoo. Does anyone know the zoo's policy? Also, how enforceable is the gardens' policy? Is it like any other place where they can only get me for trespassing if I refuse to leave after being asked? Any and all clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bama

Alabama law does not appear to address signage, that I know of. I have been to the zoo, but don't remember if they have signs or not. I believe that the only issue is that if you are discovered to have a weapon and asked to leave, you would have to, or be guilty of trespassing. But, IANAL.

HKR
    I've CCed at the Zoo many times without issue. I've never noticed any signs. Like most zoo's I've visited there is little to no visible security. The employees we've interacted with are not what I would call observant, either.

They did a major remodel which finished up last year with the opening of the "Trails of Africa" exhibit. I do not know how extensive the changes were at the entrance or if there were any.

Why would they ask you to leave? If you are CC'ing properly no one should even know you are......... I am from B'ham also and if there is no sign posted at a entrance of the establishment Im visiting stating no firearms allowed I dont give it a second thought.

Links