Under Fire show on Court TV, I'm pretty mad!

This is a discussion on Under Fire show on Court TV, I'm pretty mad! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I usually try to find something to watch on TV while I am on the NordicTrack for my usual nightly workout and tonight was the ...

Thread: Under Fire show on Court TV, I'm pretty mad!

Under Fire show on Court TV, I'm pretty mad!

I usually try to find something to watch on TV while I am on the NordicTrack for my usual nightly workout and tonight was the first night for a new show on Court TV named "Under Fire". This show focuses on shootouts that have been caught on tape between bad guys and the Police. So far so good.

One of the shootouts profiled on the show tonight was the Tyler Texas Courthouse shooting from Feb. 24, 2005. A nut named David Hernandez Arroyo killed his ex-wife and shot his own son at the Tyler Texas Courthouse. He was being taken to court by the ex-wife for non-payment of child support. His ex-wife died in the shooting, but his sons life was saved by an armed citizen named Mark Wilson.

Now, I am sure most of us on this board are well aware of this case and we all feel that Mark Wilson was a hero in the truest sense of the word. But, what angers me no end is that Mark Wilson was not even mentioned in the story! Now I understand that the show is about Police shootouts but I think that the guy who came out of his home and tried to stop a nut who was wearing body armor and armed with what the show called an "AK 47", (it was not an AK 47) and in fact put lead on the target first and saved many lives that day deserves a damn mention at the very least!

It really angers me that the heroic efforts by armed civilians in general are almost never mentioned by the main stream media, even the damn Court TV show wouldn't admit that someone other than the police acted and saved lives.
    After Arroyo killed Mark Wilson he fled the scene and was eventualy killed by the police. But had Mr. Wilson not acted as he did, many more people could have been killed.

I believe I am going to send an email to Court TV and let them know how unhappy I am with their selective reporting of the facts.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Just imaginewhat the "powers that be" must be thinking.
    If we let the sheeple know that a private citizen stoppped this gunman. We would have vigalanties all over.
    Please remember the gun is a bad thing as far as they are concerned.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    By all means write them.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Write 'em! They like to scream bloody murder if someone is less than accurate about one of their sacred cows. They should be held accountable when they screw up, which is often....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

While we know that armed law-abiding citizens is a good thing, the liberal mainstream media is freaked-out by the thought of a sheep with a gun!

Mark Wilson was a hero. Outgunned and facing a man bent on murder and likely suicide-by-cop he took him on, likely saving others in that area from injury or death.

Do let them know what you think. I've got to start tuning in to that show, for I usually watch a bit of Court TV, but haven't seen that show.

I'll write them too. The more the merrier and this deserves a mention.

Saw that show last night. I enjoyed it. This will be one to watch.
    Selective reporting of the facts is way too common for the media. This reminds me of an old saying (can't remember who said it) ...
    "If you don't read the newspaper your uninformed, if you read the newspaper your misinformed".

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    Saw that show last night. I enjoyed it. This will be one to watch.
    Selective reporting of the facts is way too common for the media. This reminds me of an old saying (can't remember who said it) ...
    "If you don't read the newspaper your uninformed, if you read the newspaper your misinformed".

That's a Mark Twain quote. He has a lot of good ones.

i have seen the show and did not know about mark wilson. it's a shame i had to learn of the hero who laid down his life to save many, many more on combatcarry versus the show.

i think i'll join you in writting them.

Yeah I caught that one while flipping through while eating my dinner. It ticked me off a good bit too. I'm tempted to write as well. I just have to take my time and get my stuff together accurate and eloquent. They tend to ignore the letters that look like a redneck wrote them (even though in my case that would be the truth).

I just sent them a note complaining.

I live near Tyler, Texas (it's about 30 minutes down interstate 20) and in this area, at least, Mark Wilson is still VERY well remembered. Last sping, around the 1st anniversary of the shooting, there were several memorial services to honor the people who were injured/killed in the shooting. One of the things a number of local TV stations did was mention Mr. Wilson by name, what he did and how since the shooting, interest in gun sales - especially by women - and participation in CC classes has doubled in this area. When several students and instructors were asked about the increase, almost to a person they said it's directly related to the courthouse shooting in Tyler and Mark's actions, as well as the kidnapping and murder of a woman at a Wal-Mart parking lot around the same time (also in Tyler) that made national news.

Whether other's recognize his effort or fail to, Mark Wilson is given credit for saving not just the couples son on the courthouse steps, but several others injured (including a police officer) by the shooter because of his actions by the E. Texas and NW Louisiana news media.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

The show is on again tonight at 2230 eastern. I sent them an email regarding this. I suggest you all do the same.
    http://www.courttv.com/contact/feedb...107&start=true

The best thing might be to send a note to the sponsors of the show. After all, money talks, and the networks would hate to have their customers upset.

Links