Shield 9 and King Tuck-Florida Trip Report

This is a discussion on Shield 9 and King Tuck-Florida Trip Report within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tried the Kingtuk today that's made for the 9C, I found it actually fit the Shield better... that said, I like my PJ Holster better ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shield 9 and King Tuck-Florida Trip Report

Tried the Kingtuk today that's made for the 9C, I found it actually fit the Shield better... that said, I like my PJ Holster better (more comfy) so I'll be returning the Galco.

Does work well though!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I too am not a fan of IWB as they irritate me. I had a KingTuk for my XDm but it really hurt my hip. I have one that is smaller for my Sig 1911 Ultra and i love it. Probably because it is smaller. The KT is a thick holster and needs to be worn for several days so that it contures to your shape. After that they are more comfortable.
    Are the King Tucks a stand alone company or are they sold through another company? This is my first hearing of the King T. Thanks for the reports on them. I will do a search and see if I can find them. Thanks again.....

Quote Originally Posted by archertom View Post
    Are the King Tucks a stand alone company or are they sold through another company? This is my first hearing of the King T. Thanks for the reports on them. I will do a search and see if I can find them. Thanks again.....
    The KT are sold by Galco. Like anything it's a personal preference. Some like it and some don't. It does require a couple days of wearing to break it in. Others like the Crossbreed. Same style holster. The KT are a little cheaper. Take a look at the comparison reviews. I think it's about 50/50 between the two. Maybe some Crossbreed owners can provide some insight.

I'm really breaking my in though. If I'm not carrying I still have the KT on just to get use to it and mold to my shape. I'm hoping by the time I'm heading home it will contoured to my body for ultimate comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    Well, as long as you don't wear those shorts send me a PM if you RON in Hoover on the way home. The mall is around the corner from me. Glad you had a good trip down.
    Thanks for the invite. We are heading up LaGrange Ga to hook up with some family when done here. My brother-in-law is an avid 2nd amendment supporter and fed. He was a colleague prior to being my bro. Have a lot in common.
    Last edited by IllinoisCCW; June 17th, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whisky19 View Post
    AARGHHHHH!!!!! MY EYES! MY EYES!
    +1 Here to that just aint right lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Tried the Kingtuk today that's made for the 9C, I found it actually fit the Shield better... that said, I like my PJ Holster better (more comfy) so I'll be returning the Galco.

Does work well though!
    Thats strange I have a kt for my xdsc And my m&p9c fits like a glove in that one. Arent the shiels thinner Its amazing the shield would fit one for the 9c that is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Thats strange I have a kt for my xdsc And my m&p9c fits like a glove in that one. Arent the shiels thinner Its amazing the shield would fit one for the 9c that is thicker.
    The KT I'm using i purchased for my M&P compacts but is a very tight fit. One of the reasons i didnt use it...sat in my closet for a couple of years. The Shield is thinner and lighter and since it is an M&P it fits perfect. The compacts fully load add a lot more weight making it even more uncomfortable for me. But now that I'm using the KT more and breaking it in, I will try it with my compacts when I get back from my trip to see if the comfort increases.

Distinguished Member
    With those shorts on you could carry a howitzer and no one would notice it. Still laughing. Thanks for the smiles. Happy Father's Day to you and all the other Dads.

Your daughter is right - we can see the "bulge"!

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by archertom View Post
    They are made by Galco and are a normal stock item at a lot of Gun stores. Often when bought for one gun in Aline they will fit others. For example mine fit the .40 and .45 XD as well as my .45 and 9mm XDm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links