"Guns kill people" - Bloomberg

"Guns kill people" - Bloomberg

This is a discussion on "Guns kill people" - Bloomberg within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...__lott_jr_.htm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Guns kill people" - Bloomberg

One day they will realize the benefit, either by having an attacker assult them and a lawful citizen with a firearm helps solve the situation, or by watching helplessly as another citizen is assulted.

Senior Moderator
    What a great article! But the truth does not seem to enter anti-gunners' minds. Sadly, they are not influenced by truth or reality.

VIP Member
    I'm sure that Mayor Bloomberg and others in his position are not stupid...they probably do realize the advantage of armed citizens, but do not care since gun control has little to do with safety and security of the populace, but everything to do with people control.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I really do hate it when people think guns are responsible for so many murders, and robberies. Anti-gun people just can't see the light. They're kept in the dark by the media, and what they see on TV, and only when they're assaulted by a criminal, do they see the light. Even then sometimes they don't get it. It is good however that many states are allowing citizens to obtain CCW permits. Remember kids, "Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people".

Senior Moderator
    That so true SRFL, that it's scary.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Has anybody else heard about this nationally? I would have thought this would have been in the national news. I'm guessing the the liberal media doesn't want to show the positive aspects of gun ownership?
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    gun control has little to do with safety and security of the populace, but everything to do with people control.

Now that's what we are talking about.

Well put.

I'd like to get that on a t-shirt.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    since gun control has little to do with safety and security of the populace, but everything to do with people control.
    I'll add my seconding of that too - it is and has to be the prime purpose - because if logic took over the Bloombergs of this country just might say different.

''Guns CAN kill people'' - as can many other devices - it is down not to the implement but the person who uses same.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    What's really scary is that a lot of people in New York City think Bloomberg would be a great candidate for President and that he has a great chance of winning.

Thank God I escaped.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Nice to finally see an article like that written in the newspaper. I grew up just north of NYC and currently live in upstate NY. Funny how in NY, attitudes towards CCW differ based on location and counties where you live. These politicians piss me off, and NY has the worse. How long can they ignore the facts, statistics, and realities when it comes to gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    I'm sure that Mayor Bloomberg and others in his position are not stupid...they probably do realize the advantage of armed citizens, but do not care since gun control has little to do with safety and security of the populace, but everything to do with people control.

+50 to that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    What's really scary is that a lot of people in New York City think Bloomberg would be a great candidate for President and that he has a great chance of winning.

Thank God I escaped.

AFS
    Amen!

I lived in three places that were the worst (and still are) when it came to gun rights: NYC, State of NJ, and the Commonwealth of PR.

Horrible gun rights and high crime (in many places)....considering that I95 doesn't reach PR (unless there's an underwater tunnel no one told me about), the "easy availability of guns from Southern States" argument Hizzoner Bloomy uses doesn't bloodly wash.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

"I don't know why people carry guns," the mayor said. "Guns kill people."

to correct him:

"I know why people carry guns," the mayor said. "Good guys with guns kill bad people trying to do them harm".

No, Bloomberg kills people. I lay every death of an innocent by the hands of a criminal a person that HE PERSONALLY has killed.

He didn't let the innocent have their RIGHT to keep and carry (bear) their arms.

It's not the abuse of tools (firearms) that kill people, it's the abuse of politicians when it comes to our Rights.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links