Defensive Carry banner

College orientation yesterday (transfer students) college ccw carry

4K views 44 replies 33 participants last post by  MountainPacker 
#1 ·
So I did my transfer orientation yesterday at UA. according to their guide there is nothing wrong with a licensed person cc or OC on campus. I will post a picture of it but here is the quote:

" WEAPON POLICY ON CAMPUS

Illegal or unauthorized possession of firearms ammunition, explosives, other weapons, or dangerous chemicals by students on University property is not allowed as indicated in the UA Student Code of Conduct. However, Students who have sporting, hunting, recreational or target weapons for off campus use may bring the item to UAPD for registration and free storage. Students are asked to bring proper identification, pistol permit (if applicable), the unloaded weapon and ammunition in a secure storage container. The check-in service is available 24 hours a day. "

according to this since I have my permit I can carry on Campus.

Also in their "personal conduct" booklet it states

"D. offenses Disrupting Order or Disregarding Health and Safety

#3 Illegal or unauthorized possession of firearms, explosives, other weapons, or dangerous chemicals on University premises"

Interesting to say the least Text Font Document Paper

See less See more
#45 ·
Get caught carrying and I would expect you'd find yourself expelled. I used to store my guns with the Mizzou PD and pick them up for competitions or practice. I can carry there now, but if I were a student today, they'd throw my butt out for sure. As a visitor, all they can do is ask me to leave.

I wouldn't recommend asking anyone about policy, but digging deeper as was previously suggested would be a good idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.