Las Vegas CCW training

This is a discussion on Las Vegas CCW training within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm planning on a trip to LV next month to visit family. While there, I'd like to get CCW training. My question is: Does anyone ...

Thread: Las Vegas CCW training

Las Vegas CCW training

I'm planning on a trip to LV next month to visit family. While there, I'd like to get CCW training. My question is: Does anyone know of a CCW course mid week ? My visit will be Monday thru Thursday and it seems as all the ones I can find are Saturday courses...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Below is a link to a list of training facilities. I noticed at least 1 offers Thursday AM classes. I'd suggest you start calling now and see if anyone has a class scheduled, or if private training would be available that would fit your time frame.

List of Nevada CCW Instructors - Page 2
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

While you're there visit the Gun Store. You can play with some full auto stuff like a SAW or Thompson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

The Gun Store of Las Vegas offers free CCW classes M, W, Sat. You just pay for the ammunition used for qualifying. 9mm is $25. Visit this link for details: http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/classes

I cannot vouch for the training yet but its where I plan to go.

www.getcorded.com

Call Kurt Gepke. He gives classes at your hotel and will make arrangements to go to the range for the live fire portion. First rate instructor

Below is his web site. I took his class and got my CCW with Kurt

Home Page

Thanks, that's the one I was hearing about but couldn't find...

Quote Originally Posted by BWBracelets View Post
    The Gun Store of Las Vegas offers free CCW classes M, W, Sat. You just pay for the ammunition used for qualifying. 9mm is $25. Visit this link for details: THE GUN STORE | CLASSES

I cannot vouch for the training yet but its where I plan to go.

Black Widow Bracelets paracord bracelets

+1 on Kurt nice guy will work the class around your timeframe.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Front Sight has a 4 day hand gun class which starts on Monday and goes til Thursday. I'm not sure if you need to become a member or not but I believe it's good for your CPL but don't quote me. Just a thought

Thumbs up The Gun Store

I was in Las Vegas in April and wanted to take a Concealed Carry class Mid-week. I had seen ads and the website for The Gun Store, advertising a FREE class. I thought it would be a waste of time or just a gimmick to get you in the door, but what the heck, it's free and meets the state requirements.

The class (8 hours) was taught by a retired police officer, now stand-up comic and story-teller, Tony Dee, who had some useful things to say, and knew the law very well. The class was worth the time. The class covers law, safety, various self defense weapons, shoot- no-shoot situations, etc. The owner, Bob Irwin, is a real advocate for 2nd Ammendment rights. He wrote the guide book that came with the class at no cost.

No instructions are given in actual shooting. In addition to class time, you have to qualify with each type of weapon you might carry (Simi or revolver). You must purchase frag ammo, a little expensive, but given class was free, a bargain. The staff were all professional and friendly. In Nevada you have to meet a minimum qualifying score.

I highly recommend the Gun Store for a good class, and the opportunity to rent and shoot a large variety of weapons.

One of the Nicest Public Ranges in the US

While in Las Vegas, check out the Clark County Shooting Park, one of America's nicest outdoor public ranges. It is more elaborate and better maintained than most expensive private gun clubs. A day of shooting costs only $6.00

A number of local instructors utilize this facility to teach classes and do shooting and range instruction.

Links