SC CWP... Should I add Flordia? Arizona? Utah? or another state?

This is a discussion on SC CWP... Should I add Flordia? Arizona? Utah? or another state? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have my SC CWP... I once heard that I could add Florida and/or Utah to get alot of extra states. Lately I have had ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC CWP... Should I add Flordia? Arizona? Utah? or another state?

I have my SC CWP... I once heard that I could add Florida and/or Utah to get alot of extra states.

Lately I have had a few buddies who are telling me I need to go with Arizona, and not Florida or Utah..

Anyone tell me which would add the most states and has the best deal? I heard Florida was expensive, and Utah required a class?

Any info on this would be appreciated:) thanks!

I picked up AZ because by the numbers it seemed to give me the most bank for the buck. You'll have to go to AZ's website and request a package. They'll send you a specific set of fingerprint cards to be used and the other info. Like all of these applications, triple check that all of the correct lines are filled out (my fingerprinter forgot to sign the cards and I missed it). Photcopy of your current SCCWP, Postal money order for $65 and you'll be good to go.

You may note that there is another thread where I've asked a question about the validity of my AZ permit so I am still about .0001% unsure of that right now. But I really think that my "A guy told me" story will eventually be but out of its misery.

sre

Thru reciprocity your states CCW permit is honored among other participating states ...I have never heard that you "could add another state" to your permit......... heres a link that will show you what states will honor, your states permit when you are in them.
    U.S. CCW Reciprocity Map from CarryConcealed.net

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    OP, I was told that adding Florida is the best bet. I currently have New Hampshire non-res that allows me to carry in Georgia, which is 20 miles from me. I will be going for FL next year when this one expires. I can't remember whether it's AZ or UT but one of them requires that you take a class from one of their certified instructors near you.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    You need to study the reciprocity map and decide what states you will be in the most and then can determine the best permit to add.
    I am going to add the Florida to mine at some point. There are some changes so make sure to use up to date maps.

In the bizarre world of licenses/permits, I'm already legal to carry in AZ (like most everyone else) but applying for an AZ license so that I can carry when I go to WI next . I really should get a MA license, but I'm in an ethical dilemma - is it worth my hassle and a $100 donation to the DPRM to get a restricted license that may not allow me to carry specific firearms I own, probably require me to buy MA-compliant pistol, and then have to lock it up in one of the highest MV theft-rate areas in the nation then take a ride on the crime-infested bus/T systems to the Logan Airport (because you can't have a firearm w/in 500' of Logan)? Or should I just avoid the dang place and enjoy my constitutional privileges (though illegally restricted) in VT/NH/ME? I'm leaning towards the latter.

If you're military/prior military, I'd go with AZ, as they accept that as training. Once I get mine (in conjunction w/other licenses/permits), I'll have privileges pretty much everywhere except the left coast, the gun-free (but not crime-free) NY-to-DC Gerrymander, islands I can't afford to spend $$ or time to get to, the People's Republic of Illinois, and South Carolina. Oh, and any US military base I might visit -- not that I'd ever need to be armed there

I am probably going to just get FLA, Georgia is really the only state that I would practically carry in that SC does not cover me in.

VIP Member
    I picked up a PA out-of-state so I could carry in Georgia (cheaper than New Hampshire). Between the two I'm covered for most of the SE, except for Mississippi & Alabama (I have an old ex out there, & won't be headed that way anytime in this millennium).

Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map

We're lucky here in NC. Our permits are valid in the same states as AZ. We just don't issue non-resident permits.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    OP, I was told that adding Florida is the best bet. I currently have New Hampshire non-res that allows me to carry in Georgia, which is 20 miles from me. I will be going for FL next year when this one expires. I can't remember whether it's AZ or UT but one of them requires that you take a class from one of their certified instructors near you.
    Where in SC are you from? Because Georgia border is also around 20-30 miles from me......Utah is the one that requires a class. Arizona does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    I am probably going to just get FLA, Georgia is really the only state that I would practically carry in that SC does not cover me in.
    From my research you would be better off with AZ then Florida. Its cheaper also:) about $37 bucks cheaper:)

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I picked up a PA out-of-state so I could carry in Georgia (cheaper than New Hampshire). Between the two I'm covered for most of the SE, except for Mississippi & Alabama (I have an old ex out there, & won't be headed that way anytime in this millennium).

Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map
    PA is another state I am looking into also:)

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    "Oh, and any US military base I might visit -- not that I'd ever need to be armed there."

Ask the folks at Ft. Hood about that one.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Utah does require a class, but it is periodically offered in both Columbia and North Augusta (and probably other locations in SC as well).

I have both New Hampshire and Utah, but will probably not bother renewing NH (it was much cheaper when I got it).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Utah does require a class, but it is periodically offered in both Columbia and North Augusta (and probably other locations in SC as well).

I have both New Hampshire and Utah, but will probably not bother renewing NH (it was much cheaper when I got it).
    Who in NA teaches Utah? I just took my CWP class back in May so I'm just unpatiently waiting the 90 day period to get it, but frequent GA.

Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links