I thought I was "made" at the store - Page 2

I thought I was "made" at the store

This is a discussion on I thought I was "made" at the store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 74 If he's in a management position he should know better than to address customers in that manner. Better to say "Excuse ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I thought I was "made" at the store

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 74 View Post
    If he's in a management position he should know better than to address customers in that manner.

Better to say "Excuse me, Sir, may I ask you about that tattoo?" and keep it professional. People just don't think any more.
    I'm "sleeved" and you are 100% right. Frankly it gets OLD really fast. I have literally been using a urinal and had a guy attempt to strike up a conversation about them,... I've had people try physically rub my arms or grab my arms to look without even asking permission first. I've had to tell people "I'M IN A HURRY" just to get a "well I just wanted to know,..." back. Come on! I've had people ask me while I worked in the automotive industry when there was a line of customers behind them waiting to be served.I've had people try to whisper questions while in college lectures! Get some manners! I didn't get them for YOU, also the joke "why don't you get a tattoo heh heh" or "why don't you get more tattoos har har" is old, I've heard it a million times and it wasn't funny the first time, and no just because I have ink doesn't mean I want to see what your crappy tattoo that your sisters ex boyfriends cousin did in his basement that time y'all were drinking a little too much.....

/soapbox.

OP:Glad you didn't get made after all!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I'm "sleeved" and you are 100% right. Frankly it gets OLD really fast. I have literally been using a urinal and had a guy attempt to strike up a conversation about them,... I've had people try physically rub my arms or grab my arms to look without even asking permission first. I've had to tell people "I'M IN A HURRY" just to get a "well I just wanted to know,..." back. Come on! I've had people ask me while I worked in the automotive industry when there was a line of customers behind them waiting to be served.I've had people try to whisper questions while in college lectures! Get some manners! I didn't get them for YOU, also the joke "why don't you get a tattoo heh heh" or "why don't you get more tattoos har har" is old, I've heard it a million times and it wasn't funny the first time, and no just because I have ink doesn't mean I want to see what your crappy tattoo that your sisters ex boyfriends cousin did in his basement that time y'all were drinking a little too much.....

/soapbox.

OP:Glad you didn't get made after all!
    You didn't get them for me? Then why aren't they on your keester? Admit it: if you didn't want all the attention, you wouldn't have your arms all tatted up, or if you did, you wouldn't expose them. You absolutely love the attention, but also love ranting about it.

"Showing off is a symptom of inferiority, low self-esteem, and maybe lack of love (humility could be another way to show off, where the things get more complicated). All of us need to be aware of ourselves, because most of the time, we condemn in others what we hate in ourselves. It lies in the nature of a neurotic to wish to diminish the feeling of inferiority by constant proofs of his superiority."

Alfred Adler (1870 - 1937)
    Austrian psychiatrist.
    The Neurotic Constitution

That'll be 5 cents:

lucy-psychiatrist.gif
    wmhawth likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Good thing you didn't jump the "gun" and told him that it was your gun. That convo would have been a little bit more awkward
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Hmmm visible arm tatoos may help draw attention from that GLOCK in various stages of concealment hiding under my shirt.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I was CC yesterday with a loose shirt pulled over my G19 in a Galco Paddle Holster. I must have been made because a Target Security Guard followed me pretty much all over the store. No worries, I did my shopping and left.

It's easier for me to throw on the paddle holster for short trips to the store compromising concealment; I think since KY allows OC I get comfortable with it. When I'm gone for longer periods I go deep concealment.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    This paranoia over "being made" is getting silly. You are concealed and it is not some obvious "concealed but not really", who the heck cares. Someone has a problem with it, so what. You are legal, you are permitted, you are allowed in the store or on the site--again--who cares. None of their damn business.
    Inspector71 and ericb327 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I was CC yesterday with a loose shirt pulled over my G19 in a Galco Paddle Holster. I must have been made because a Target Security Guard followed me pretty much all over the store. No worries, I did my shopping and left.

It's easier for me to throw on the paddle holster for short trips to the store compromising concealment; I think since KY allows OC I get comfortable with it. When I'm gone for longer periods I go deep concealment.
    Target and Shopko are on top of their game with the cameras. My buddy works at Shopko, he said during orientation the cameras zoomed in and saw the time on a customers wrist-watch. Target is pretty much the same.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

"What's that on your hip?"

"a gun"

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar

That won't ever happen to me. I don't ever go inside a Target store. They don't support Vets, and I don't support them. Of course that's my personal choice.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Sounds like you got made by a Mall Ninja.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Target does treat their customers terribly...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Target has security?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Since NM is open carry state I really don't worry about it much however I have noticed people that seem to look a little curious sometimes when I am CC usually when I am just headed put for a quick trip to the store and have my Galco OWB holster and a loose shirt over it. I have a game that my wife and I started, she asks me did you wear you gun to "fill in the blank", and of course I did but she couldn't tell. So I make a note of what I was wearing and adjust if for some reason she can tell. My Crossbreed IWB is my favorite and so far no one has ever been able to tell I was concealed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    That won't ever happen to me. I don't ever go inside a Target store. They don't support Vets, and I don't support them. Of course that's my personal choice.
    I wasn't aware of that!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    Sounds like you got made by a Mall Ninja.
    Yeah but he only followed me, never approached.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links