I thought I was "made" at the store - Page 3

I thought I was "made" at the store

This is a discussion on I thought I was "made" at the store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kelcarry This paranoia over "being made" is getting silly. You are concealed and it is not some obvious "concealed but not really", ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I thought I was "made" at the store

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    This paranoia over "being made" is getting silly. You are concealed and it is not some obvious "concealed but not really", who the heck cares. Someone has a problem with it, so what. You are legal, you are permitted, you are allowed in the store or on the site--again--who cares. None of their damn business.
    Texas law says if you can be "made" then you are illegal. Your gun is supposed to be concealed at all times and this is why it concerned me. If one person can see it and say something to me then how many notice it and never say anything. The last thing I need is the cops approaching me and creating a scene because someone "made “me

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I wasn't aware of that!
    Target is saying they support Veteran Groups, but as a VN Vet I'm not buying it just yet. Time will tell, but like I said in my above post it's my personal choice and in no way intended to influence anyone else. I have other choices and use them instead of Target.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I had a tattoo once, it cost a quarter out of the gum ball machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Texas law says if you can be "made" then you are illegal. Your gun is supposed to be concealed at all times and this is why it concerned me. If one person can see it and say something to me then how many notice it and never say anything. The last thing I need is the cops approaching me and creating a scene because someone "made “me
    Not.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    Not.
    if someone can see your handgun or the outline of your hand gun IT is not concealed and Texas doesn't have open carry.

Subch. H. LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN
    GC §411.171. DEFINITIONS.

(3) “Concealed handgun” means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person.

Hey barstool guru read pc46.035a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    if someone can see your handgun or the outline of your hand gun IT is not concealed and Texas doesn't have open carry.

Subch. H. LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN

(3) “Concealed handgun” means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person.
    Like I said,,,,, not.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Hey barstool guru read pc46.035a
    and yes I did look it up and it says PC §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun. Subch. H. LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN

If your shirt is too tight and the gun is printing you FAIL. if your shirt is too short and you raise your arms and your gun shows; you FAIL... so now the question is it unintentional? Is does it violate law 411.171.? We can say that for sure it violates 411.171. If it gets noticed... would you get arrested for it? Who’s to say but if you get called on it then there is a chance that the cops might get involved and who needs that hassle and embarrassment

FL seems to be the biggest offender of arresting people for exposure
    Florida's very odd open carry ban and the insufficient changes made in 2011 has resulted in at least 15 unjust criminal arrests and prosecutions that we know of since 2011 SB234 was passed. Only 6 states widely ban Unconcealed Carry.
    Florida Gun Owners Still Face Arrest and Prosecution for Innocent Exposure of Handguns

This has nothing to do with the subject but it came up on a search and it was funny if you are easily offended don't read it. It is about concealing a weapon
    Naked man arrested for concealed weapon - USATODAY.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links