Universal Experience

This is a discussion on Universal Experience within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I went to universal last week with the kids and decided to carry to and from the parks. I checked my firearm at a ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 13 Post By ccwillinois
  • 1 Post By ccman
  • 2 Post By JDE101
  • 1 Post By ccwillinois

Thread: Universal Experience

Universal Experience

So I went to universal last week with the kids and decided to carry to and from the parks. I checked my firearm at a little security room to the right of the main security check. A local Orlando Police officer was working(off-duty I assume) to the left of the check point. He took me inside, had me unholster and unload the firearm, put it in a locker, took a copy of CCW permit, and gave me the only key. As I walked out he patted me on the back, and told me to have a good time. I picked it up when I left, took five minutes and all were very polite. So I did it all over again the next day. All were polite and courteous, great experience. Just wanted to pass it along.
    Pkupmn98, kal0, RayBar and 10 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Thats good to know, may save if flying out when your on the rides.

Wow, Universal is the first place I have ever heard of that provides a way for somebody to secure their carry weapon in a gun locker. I assume they do not allow carrying in the park itself. I wonder if Disney world does the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    I'm assuming your talking about Florida?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That is good info to know. If amusement parks aren't going to allow you to carry, providing lockers like that is the next best thing! A lot of places would probably increase their busniness a bit if they did that and let carriers know that they provided that service.
    phreddy and ccman like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Interesting. We were at Universal last week as well. A couple of different days there. I can't recall seeing the lockers referenced but of course I was not looking for anything like that. I left my gun locked in the car. I do remember seeing an actual police officer there in addition to the uniformed "security" people manning the bag inspection points. I did not see any actual police at any of the Disney parks.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Universal and/or Disney do not like you to carry, but it's not illegal...concealed is concealed.
    I've been there may times...I keep the Glock hidden in a car safe and tuck my KelTc in a pocket.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'm assuming your talking about Florida?
    Yes we were in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by ccwillinois View Post
    So I went to universal last week with the kids and decided to carry to and from the parks. I checked my firearm at a little security room to the right of the main security check. A local Orlando Police officer was working(off-duty I assume) to the left of the check point. He took me inside, had me unholster and unload the firearm, put it in a locker, took a copy of CCW permit, and gave me the only key. As I walked out he patted me on the back, and told me to have a good time. I picked it up when I left, took five minutes and all were very polite. So I did it all over again the next day. All were polite and courteous, great experience. Just wanted to pass it along.
    I wasn't aware that Illinois issued CCW permits. Open carry prohibited in all public areas,no provisions for concealed carry licensing. I have heard of their FOID card to puchase or possess to vehicle carry unloaded and cased. New one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    I wasn't aware that Illinois issued CCW permits. Open carry prohibited in all public areas,no provisions for concealed carry licensing. I have heard of their FOID card to puchase or possess to vehicle carry unloaded and cased. New one on me.
    I have a Florida non-resident and Arizona non-resident to carry in several states besides my own. There is no legal concealed or open carry in Illinois other than law enforcement.
    ccman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwillinois View Post
    I have a Florida non-resident and Arizona non-resident to carry in several states besides my own. There is no legal concealed or open carry in Illinois other than law enforcement.
    OK,that would splain it.

Quote Originally Posted by danwdooley View Post
    I left my gun locked in the car.
    I was a Tampa Bay Bucs game (no carry, noooooo), discussing with my buddy that FL had reached 1 in 16 citizens with CWP. Quickly doing the math, we surveyed the parking lots from our nose-bleed seats and realized there were somewhere around 2000 cars with guns locked in the trunk like ours......

Links