Out of state permits

Out of state permits

This is a discussion on Out of state permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have considered adding Florida non resident to accent my Pa. Carry permit so I can gain 2 bordering states, Ohio and Delaware along with several ...

Out of state permits

Have considered adding Florida non resident to accent my Pa. Carry permit so I can gain 2 bordering states, Ohio and Delaware along with several non bordering states. I gain a total of seven states. The one training place has a notice on their website NO LOADED FIREARMS IN THE CLASSROOM. I find it odd that a business that encourages non resident permits for florida virginia and utah does not honor permits of the state they teach in. If everyone had their mindset permits would be useless. Waiting for their reply it should be interesting

VIP Member
    I'm uncertain what good "accenting" your PA license with a FL will do you; still can't go to NY, NJ.
    I don't know if FL is good in Delaware, but it isn't in Maryland, so you can't go South on that side.
    Maybe OH recognizes it, but what about WV?

Take a look at where you are in PA and where it is you really need to travel to before deciding on the
    accent. It might not be worth the trouble; and then again, it might. It all depends on what your real
    travel needs are.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

The "logic" I have always heard in classrooms was, that fake guns, etc. are used for demonstration purposes and no one ever wanted to accidentally pick up a loaded one ... thinking it was unloaded.

Personally, if mine never leaves my hip, it's never going to be handled by anyone but me, but there are those people where common sense doesn't apply.

As far as Permits, for ours .... Arizona and Utah vs those that get Florida...... I'm in the first group because of where I tend to travel, etc. Go with the one that gets you the most for where you will actualy go.

One guy was speaking to the committee on the Fedl recripocal bill.... and was asked, "how familiar are you really with the process of getting a license" , and the response by the person was..... "I've applied for a license in every State in the United States that will allow me to apply for a non-resident license". I wouldn't go that far.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

My main concern of the post was how much of a hypocrite the training place was. I would gain Delaware and Ohio with the Florida non resident permit. Delaware helps because I have a sailboat in MD. I could drive through the Philadelphia and Wilmington areas protected. Before entering the state of Md. I would unload and lock the weapons in the trunk. NOT using FOPA laws I should still be legal becsuse my boat has a tax deductible mortgage and should be considered a second home. And MD. Has a statue that allows you to carry unloaded firearms to and fom your home.

Links