Roller Coaster Carry - Page 3

Roller Coaster Carry

This is a discussion on Roller Coaster Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The thought of a fanny pack makes me lol Sent from my DROID RAZR...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Roller Coaster Carry

The thought of a fanny pack makes me lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    I know, I know... LOL, but its better than not having anything...

Quote Originally Posted by BTNut View Post
    I have a SmartCarry I use on occasion, and I don't see how my handgun could possibly fall out just because I'm upside-down. I wear it pretty low, and my belt makes it pretty well impossible for it to come out unless I want it to. Yes, my draw is rather slow with the SmartCarry, but there are times when slow draw is worth the extra concealment to me, and it's still better than having nothing to draw.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by BTNut View Post
    My only concern would be that there are some rides that have an "anti-submarine" strap, or a large bump in the seat that comes up between the legs to prevent sliding down. I could see that possibly pushing the gun into my abdomen/gut a bit, which could be uncomfortable. It is a similar situation to riding my motorcycle with the gas tank between the legs, and why I greatly prefer the IWB when I will be riding. Just my .02
    To avoid this problem, I wear my smart carry over my thigh, 10:30ish, rather than centered between the legs.

If Air Force pilots can pull 9Gs with a sidearm strapped to them, and not have it become a missile inside the cockpit, then I think you would be fine with an LCP in your pocket on a roller coaster. It's not going anywhere.

Glasses, hats, and such...different story...
    NH_Esau likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Usual carry - Ruger SP101 .357 DAO snub + LCR .38

Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    This forum is here for individuals of all types that enjoy firearms and the right to carry them, wherever it may be. We are here to answer whatever questions individuals may have as I find this to be a "safe zone" to ask such questions. If you have issues with that, I suggest you click the little button at the top right of your screen that says "log out".

+1 -- these types of comments are just as bad as the people who tell us we're crazy for carrying a gun at all, and not only insulting the OP, but every individual who posted to help. I was going to suggest a zippered pocket as well! In a pinch, and in places like this, I have carried an LCP unchambered in a small zippered cargo pocket. Not carrying it at all seems to be the most popular option, but it already sounds like you tackled your problem. Good luck!
    crf3973 likes this.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    It make me laugh, too. More TM than OL, though.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Depending on what kind of shorts you are wearing, I would not worry about the LCP falling out. Sit down in a chair and try to get it out and see how that works out for you.

I don't think either will be comfortable, depending on what type of rides there are. Lap bars will squish the top of your leg, harneses or T-bars will press against your crotch, and then there will be lots of shaking and jerking. I would go with the pocket carry. I prefer bruises on my thigh more than the other option.
    Walk softly ...

I pocket carried my NAA at an amusement park, did not feel good on the cork screw as the bar was forcing it into me but it sure as he** was not coming out. Would I do it again yes why? Because if I could anticipate where and when something would happen I would not be there....
    Yankeejib likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

I completely understand why you want to carry at an amusement park but keep this in mind, In the eyes of the law paying $9.00 for a soda is only viewed as highway robbery. It does not warrant deadly force. :)
    Yankeejib and phreddy like this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    +1 -- these types of comments are just as bad as the people who tell us we're crazy for carrying a gun at all, and not only insulting the OP, but every individual who posted to help. I was going to suggest a zippered pocket as well! In a pinch, and in places like this, I have carried an LCP unchambered in a small zippered cargo pocket. Not carrying it at all seems to be the most popular option, but it already sounds like you tackled your problem. Good luck!
    Why un-chambered? Is there a issue with LCP's?

Have you considered an active retention like a Serpa or a thumb break snap carried OWB?

I have a pocket holster for my Kahr and a smartcarry for my XD compact, I wouldn't use either if I expected to be upside down. My mtac gives me far better stability than either...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I would agree probably not advisable to be upside down carrying a weapon but if you are going to do it, I would agree that any kind of side holster would be a problem because of the confined spaces you will be sitting in. Maybe some sort of shoulder rig with a thumb break would work. Any leather rig may be too bulky also. Possibly something like a Kangaroo Carry using a securing strap might work. With a shoulder rig you could also secure the gun by pressing your arm against it.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by RightyLefty; June 27th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    This forum is here for individuals of all types that enjoy firearms and the right to carry them, wherever it may be. We are here to answer whatever questions individuals may have as I find this to be a "safe zone" to ask such questions. If you have issues with that, I suggest you click the little button at the top right of your screen that says "log out".
    I can also "click the little button" that allows me to reply and to ask my own question, which you failed to answer. Could it be that eventually we will run out of body functions and far-fetched scenarios that someone cannot figure out for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I can also "click the little button" that allows me to reply and to ask my own question, which you failed to answer. Could it be that eventually we will run out of body functions and far-fetched scenarios that someone cannot figure out for themselves?
    Don't know, isn't that partially why we're here? To support each other and to ask and answer questions/ideas members have.

Don't know, isn't that partially why we're here? To support each other and to ask and answer questions/ideas members have.
    Yes......yes it is.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links