Roller Coaster Carry - Page 5

Roller Coaster Carry

This is a discussion on Roller Coaster Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MadMac No - I didn't have you confused with the OP, but was trying to answer too many issues with one post. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Roller Coaster Carry

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    No - I didn't have you confused with the OP, but was trying to answer too many issues with one post. My apologies.
    Easy to do...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I still go to the boozer, but leave my ccw at home as it's illegal where I live as well. Am I at risk? Sure. But I have good friends and family that join me for drinks, cards, and comaraderie. The beers are cold, the food is great, and no one has to "host". Works for us.
    The few time's I've been to a bar since I got my CPL, I've just tucked it under the car seat. But, I wasn't drinking... if I had been, I probably would have left it at home as well.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    what do you think of a fanny pack? keep it in my pocket when I enter, so it won't be noticed when security looks in the fanny pack, then put it in there at the restroom in the park?
    I'm a bit confused.

Didn't you say you checked and it was legal to carry into the park & security doesn't search?

Roller Coaster Carry
    I will be going to theme park that is not illegal for me to carry into. I have already checked multiple online forums and confirmed this, there are no searches of persons upon entering.
    Why would you worry about security? (It's either legal or it's not.)

I agree with others. Don't worry about carrying. Just have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I'm a bit confused.

Didn't you say you checked and it was legal to carry into the park & security doesn't search?

I did. It's legal. Security searches bags only, not persons.

I did. It's legal. Security searches bags only, not persons.
    If it's legal, why worry about them finding it in a fanny pack?

OT;
    But, it would be great to have a thread that gives credit where credit is due & names gun friendly entertainment venues.

Maybe you can share the name of this amusement/theme park.

If it's legal, why worry about them finding it in a fanny pack?

OT;
    But, it would be great to have a thread that gives credit where credit is due & names gun friendly entertainment venues.

Maybe you can share the name of this amusement/theme park.
    A lot of places that don't prohibit firearms specifically, have younger and temporary screeners looking for alcohol and other contraband who might not react well to unexpectedly finding a gun.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by livewire; July 1st, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I didn't want to take away from the topic at hand which is the method of carry, but now that the thread has died down, I will be visiting Walt Disney world and universal studios in Orlando. And they are far from gun friendly...

I didn't want to take away from the topic at hand which is the method of carry, but now that the thread has died down, I will be visiting Walt Disney world and universal studios in Orlando. And they are far from gun friendly...
    You're right about that.
    Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios are ALL posted! Disney World wands ALL visitors & searches all bags! (At least they did in 2008 when I went last.)

I just got back from Dollywood where it would have been real easy to CC. But, just like the time I went to DW, I didn't feel I had any need whatsoever to "carry".

However, I was glad to be carrying around Pigeon Forge. Just like I was glad to be carrying around Orlando. The trick is finding a way to secure you firearm (in your car) while you're visiting the parks.

-

Disney World wands ALL visitors

-
    Are you sure about that? Ive done extensive research on the topic and my understanding is that they search bags but do not do any searches of persons or use wands.

If they do, then I will be screwed!

Are you sure about that? Ive done extensive research on the topic and my understanding is that they search bags but do not do any searches of persons or use wands.

If they do, then I will be screwed!
    I was down there in the summer of '08. They had two people with wands standing by every gate in addition to people checking bags & purses. (I couldn't say about today. But, I don't see why they would've changed their procedure.)

I felt completely safe while I was there. Though, I didn't see many uniformed officers, I saw tons of security trying to blend into the crowd.

-

just to add another option -- you can get a wilderness safepacker. a flap holster that can go on a belt, offers excellent retention. if anyone asks say its for your insulin pump or nerve stimulator -- its my medical device, please don't touch it. I carry in one and I've never had anyone blink at it.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    You're right about that.
    Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios are ALL posted! Disney World wands ALL visitors & searches all bags! (At least they did in 2008 when I went last.)

I just got back from Dollywood where it would have been real easy to CC. But, just like the time I went to DW, I didn't feel I had any need whatsoever to "carry".

However, I was glad to be carrying around Pigeon Forge. Just like I was glad to be carrying around Orlando. The trick is finding a way to secure you firearm (in your car) while you're visiting the parks.

-
    I went to DisneyWorld within a week of Christmas 2011 and did not get wanded. Bags checked, had to remove them from the stroller, that was it.It was a BLAST and I can't wait to go back. (It was my first time.). I wasn't carrying anyway. I did have my trusty Spyderco folder in my pocket, thats about it for that day.

I would NOT want to carry in a theme park. No I don't like being unarmed but I feel like it would deter from my enjoyment at the park, and I like to ride the fastest, upside, most whirley,...etc rollercoasters they have! the big boys! {I've been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, WaterCountry USA, and Kings Dominion a bunch too. }

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links