Roller Coaster Carry - Page 5

Roller Coaster Carry

This is a discussion on Roller Coaster Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MadMac No - I didn't have you confused with the OP, but was trying to answer too many issues with one post. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 71 of 71
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Roller Coaster Carry

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    No - I didn't have you confused with the OP, but was trying to answer too many issues with one post. My apologies.
    Easy to do...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I still go to the boozer, but leave my ccw at home as it's illegal where I live as well. Am I at risk? Sure. But I have good friends and family that join me for drinks, cards, and comaraderie. The beers are cold, the food is great, and no one has to "host". Works for us.
    The few time's I've been to a bar since I got my CPL, I've just tucked it under the car seat. But, I wasn't drinking... if I had been, I probably would have left it at home as well.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy


  2. #62
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    what do you think of a fanny pack? keep it in my pocket when I enter, so it won't be noticed when security looks in the fanny pack, then put it in there at the restroom in the park?
    I'm a bit confused.

    Didn't you say you checked and it was legal to carry into the park & security doesn't search?

    Roller Coaster Carry
    I will be going to theme park that is not illegal for me to carry into. I have already checked multiple online forums and confirmed this, there are no searches of persons upon entering.
    Why would you worry about security? (It's either legal or it's not.)

    I agree with others. Don't worry about carrying. Just have fun.

  3. #63
    Member Array crf3973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I'm a bit confused.

    Didn't you say you checked and it was legal to carry into the park & security doesn't search?


    .
    I did. It's legal. Security searches bags only, not persons.

  4. #64
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    I did. It's legal. Security searches bags only, not persons.
    If it's legal, why worry about them finding it in a fanny pack?

    OT;
    But, it would be great to have a thread that gives credit where credit is due & names gun friendly entertainment venues.

    Maybe you can share the name of this amusement/theme park.

  5. #65
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    If it's legal, why worry about them finding it in a fanny pack?

    OT;
    But, it would be great to have a thread that gives credit where credit is due & names gun friendly entertainment venues.

    Maybe you can share the name of this amusement/theme park.
    A lot of places that don't prohibit firearms specifically, have younger and temporary screeners looking for alcohol and other contraband who might not react well to unexpectedly finding a gun.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by livewire; July 1st, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

  6. #66
    Member Array crf3973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    246
    I didn't want to take away from the topic at hand which is the method of carry, but now that the thread has died down, I will be visiting Walt Disney world and universal studios in Orlando. And they are far from gun friendly...

  7. #67
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    I didn't want to take away from the topic at hand which is the method of carry, but now that the thread has died down, I will be visiting Walt Disney world and universal studios in Orlando. And they are far from gun friendly...
    You're right about that.
    Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios are ALL posted! Disney World wands ALL visitors & searches all bags! (At least they did in 2008 when I went last.)

    I just got back from Dollywood where it would have been real easy to CC. But, just like the time I went to DW, I didn't feel I had any need whatsoever to "carry".

    However, I was glad to be carrying around Pigeon Forge. Just like I was glad to be carrying around Orlando. The trick is finding a way to secure you firearm (in your car) while you're visiting the parks.

    -

  8. #68
    Member Array crf3973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Disney World wands ALL visitors

    -
    Are you sure about that? Ive done extensive research on the topic and my understanding is that they search bags but do not do any searches of persons or use wands.

    If they do, then I will be screwed!

  9. #69
    Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    Are you sure about that? Ive done extensive research on the topic and my understanding is that they search bags but do not do any searches of persons or use wands.

    If they do, then I will be screwed!
    I was down there in the summer of '08. They had two people with wands standing by every gate in addition to people checking bags & purses. (I couldn't say about today. But, I don't see why they would've changed their procedure.)

    I felt completely safe while I was there. Though, I didn't see many uniformed officers, I saw tons of security trying to blend into the crowd.

    -

  10. #70
    Member Array kinoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    136
    just to add another option -- you can get a wilderness safepacker. a flap holster that can go on a belt, offers excellent retention. if anyone asks say its for your insulin pump or nerve stimulator -- its my medical device, please don't touch it. I carry in one and I've never had anyone blink at it.

  11. #71
    Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under a rock.
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    You're right about that.
    Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios are ALL posted! Disney World wands ALL visitors & searches all bags! (At least they did in 2008 when I went last.)

    I just got back from Dollywood where it would have been real easy to CC. But, just like the time I went to DW, I didn't feel I had any need whatsoever to "carry".

    However, I was glad to be carrying around Pigeon Forge. Just like I was glad to be carrying around Orlando. The trick is finding a way to secure you firearm (in your car) while you're visiting the parks.

    -
    I went to DisneyWorld within a week of Christmas 2011 and did not get wanded. Bags checked, had to remove them from the stroller, that was it.It was a BLAST and I can't wait to go back. (It was my first time.). I wasn't carrying anyway. I did have my trusty Spyderco folder in my pocket, thats about it for that day.

    I would NOT want to carry in a theme park. No I don't like being unarmed but I feel like it would deter from my enjoyment at the park, and I like to ride the fastest, upside, most whirley,...etc rollercoasters they have! the big boys! {I've been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, WaterCountry USA, and Kings Dominion a bunch too. }


    "To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can you carry fanny packs on roller coasters
,
carry a gun at dolly wood
,
carrying a gun on roller coaster
,
ccw roller coaster
,
comfortable to ride roller coasters ccw
,

concealed carry dollywood

,
concealed carry on roller coaster
,

dollywood concealed carry

,
dollywood lockers fanny pack
,
stuff in pockets on jeans rollercoaster
,

usaf pilots holster

,
wdw policy for concealed carry weapon 2012
Click on a term to search for related topics.