Wow, that was fast.

This is a discussion on Wow, that was fast. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to get my non-resident CC permit for New Hampshire because it covers a few extra states that Maine doesn't cover. I mailed off ...

Thread: Wow, that was fast.

Wow, that was fast.

I decided to get my non-resident CC permit for New Hampshire because it covers a few extra states that Maine doesn't cover. I mailed off the forms to the NH State Police on Monday June 18th (certified mail) and I got a delivery confirmation for Wednesday June 20th.

Just got home and guess what I found in my mail box? Yep, it's my NH permit. Seven days after they received my paperwork, I had it in hand. Incidentally, the issue date was the same day that it was delivered to the permitting office.

New Hampshire is really on top of things. My only real complaint is the $100 fee. But being a 4 year permit, $25 a year doesn't seem too outrageous.

Anybody else have a similar story of getting processed that quickly?

2. Remove Ads

Wow, that's awesome! I wish I had a similar story, but mine took a little over a month to get to me. Congrats!
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

That's encouraging. I got my non-res in PA for 26 bucks I think (good for 4 or 5 years) and it also covers a bunch of states. Still though, too many "red" states up in the Northeast.

If I recall, my PA non-res took under two weeks to get.

That's getting closer to the same day service we should all get.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I think thats a record.

Good for you, OP. It would be nice to get a United States permit valid in '57' states; or, even better, ability to carry without any permits.

My wife and I received an emergency permit the same day a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    That's getting closer to the same day service we should all get.
    Yup. The same day on our birth certificate, maybe 18 or 21 years later.

Now go talk up the customer service to your state gov't and get it to go the other way around! Currently, they're saying 90 days for Maine, even though the law says 60.

I got my NH permit about 3 years ago just before the price went up from $20 to $100. It took just over a week. My wife sent her application in after I got mine, and hers came in a day or two less than mine did! Great service from NH. Since the price went up, I may apply for a Florida license when it is time to renew. Florida covers all the states that I have covered by a NH and a PA out of state license.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links