News: Controversial Stand Your Ground Man Shot

This is a discussion on News: Controversial Stand Your Ground Man Shot within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks to me like this dude lived in the wrong neighborhood. The backstory on his stand-your-ground case was enlightening. I did not realize that after ...

Thread: News: Controversial Stand Your Ground Man Shot

Looks to me like this dude lived in the wrong neighborhood. The backstory on his stand-your-ground case was enlightening. I did not realize that after chasing someone who stole his car stereo, that he stabbed and killed the thief, and THEN took the stolen car stereos took a nap and later sold the stolen goods...

That stand-your-ground case was being appealed by the prosecutors office when the guy got caught in the crossfire between two gangs...

Man who won ‘Stand your ground’ ruling 3 months ago in stabbing case is shot dead in Miami - The Washington Post

mkh
    Poetic justice?

That case was actually on an episode of A&E's The First 48. From the investigation and video shown in the episode, I can't understand how a 'stand your ground' defense was successfully argued. Its pretty clear that the man armed himself and pursued the thief with intent to kill him due to the repeated burglaries his vehicle had been subject to. I don't know how the appeal would have went but I do believe that it is an actual example of the law being manipulated to protect a criminal homicide.

Karma.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Not sure I would call it justice after all the guy broke into his truck, but what it does show is that the neighborhood is rough

Pay backs are a be-otch.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Karma...it's merely JUSTICE without the satisfaction...
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Chased and killed a thief, stole his stolen merchandise then sold the goods, ultimately getting killed in gang crossfire. "Stand Your Ground" claim, eh? More like "Lying On The Ground," if the sequence was true.

Well, right about now he's on his knees at the Gates having it explained why his next stop is the basement: Bottom floor ... murderers, rapists, pedophiles, robbers, and multiple-choice tenants. Watch your step, 'cause it gets a bit hot around here."

I wonder whether the crossfire was coincidental or planned, for the effrontery of taking out the stereo thief. Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links