Reality

This is a discussion on Reality within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The reality is that we don't know if or when we might be attacked by a violent person, or persons. Odds are it will never ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Reality

The reality is that we don't know if or when we might be attacked by a violent person, or persons.
    Odds are it will never happen.
    If it does, will the attacker be alone, will they be drugged, _________ , or __________
    If it does happen something is better than nothing, but something holding more & more powerful rounds that's easier to be quick & accurate with is even better.
    Translation: a 380 Kel-Tec or Ruger is better than nothing but not as good as a subcompact Glock.
    jem102 likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

2. Remove Ads

Not a comment about the topic per se, but perhaps next time you could invest some of your reality in editing your screed before clicking on the "post" button.
    jem102, 40Bob and wmhawth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Not a comment about the topic per se, but perhaps next time you could invest some of your reality in editing your screed before clicking on the "post" button.
    I can go back and edit mine after I post it. Do it all the time when I see one of those (dang, how did that get in there) typos.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I can go back and edit mine after I post it. Do it all the time when I see one of those (dang, how did that get in there) typos.
    Me, too. Should have occurred to the OP.

Me, too. Should have occurred to the OP.
    Not all of us had seventh grade English teachers who made you diagram sentences until you couldn't see straight.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Well when I thought about changing calibers I YouTube it with the word hog after it. If a hog is killed with one to the dome in cave by 9mm it will do what I need to in the woods and if I ever need it for my own species.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    A couple of things. If you do not carry your firearm because you have "excuses" for lugging it around, you might as well put a rock in your pocket. Why is it that the godfather-type seem to be able to carry out their "business" with a 22? If a 22 will do the job for you, then that is the answer. If you will not bother to CC after the lustre has worn off then rethink the firearm. Bottom line: You carry what you find totally comfortable and will, I repeat, will actually take with you on a more than average tour of your daily activities. This goes hand in hand with calibre, which translates to weight and size. For strictly home defense and not necessarily CC, the calibre should be consistent with your specific use scenario (I will not leave my bedroom should there be a breakin at night so distance is not an issue) and ability to shoot straight and accurately and be able to deal with recoil under pressure. In short, we each should look very carefully at what we can and will do with a firearm, ask questions and make a determination as to size, weight, capacity and calibre.

Calibers...I don't really care what anyone chooses to carry...whatever works for ya'.

I just happen to like the bigger holes... .45!
    Glock-36 = 6 + 1, or 7 big holes!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Reality:

The decision to carry a gun for protection is a very serious commitment. Learn to run your gun. I carry the biggest gun I can conceal and shoot well, I usually carry 2. Buy quality, the time to worry about lifetime guarantee is not in a fight. You should never "fumble" with your gun, learn it better or get one you CAN run.

Carry enough gun. I keep hearing about the average 180 lb criminal. I am not so worried about him, how about that 6'5" 350 lbs Bic Mac overdosed psycho with the chain saw? Thats who I am worried about. Do not limit yourself to a 3 shootout 3 feet mentality, you are setting yourself up for failure.

As Clint Smith say's "A gun is comforting, not comfortable". Buy the right gear, then you can carry anything with reasonable comfort. You dress around the gun.
    Harryball likes this.

My longest target(s) distance was about 40 ft and the gun .25 Beretta. I did the trick with a bunch of LA gang bangers after the Rodney King (RIP) riots.

Back at home I changed to my Chip McCormick (TRI - now STI International) twenty-round 1911 rig with four extra mags.

Currently I'm mostly happy with my G19, although the LCP is my EDC at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    I keep hearing about the average 180 lb criminal. I am not so worried about him, how about that 6'5" 350 lbs Bic Mac overdosed psycho with the chain saw? Thats who I am worried about. Do not limit yourself to a 3 shootout 3 feet mentality, you are setting yourself up for failure.
    You need a new hobby like gardening or sewing, since personal risk managment is obviously not your strong suit.....

..and those quotes from modern-day pistoleros like Clint Smith and that LtCol What'shisname...... That's like quoting Colonel Sanders about your need to eat more fried chicken. The dude sells pistol training to put food on his table. Guess what? I'll bet you he thinks everyone who practices concealed carry needs to take all his courses, as well. What would Gomer say? "Surrr-prise, surr-prise."
    Secret Spuk and PilotAlso like this.

Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
    Secret Spuk and Doghandler like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

You need a new hobby like gardening or sewing, since personal risk managment is obviously not your strong suit.....

..and those quotes from modern-day pistoleros like Clint Smith and that LtCol What'shisname...... That's like quoting Colonel Sanders about your need to eat more fried chicken. The dude sells pistol training to put food on his table. Guess what? I'll bet you he thinks everyone who practices concealed carry needs to take all his courses, as well. What would Gomer say? "Surrr-prise, surr-prise."
    Sorry Mac, but I think 40 bob is right. We take it very serious. I understand your point, but Im not playing the odds with my life. Just when you say your risk is low, the boogyman will jump up and snuff you out....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Sorry Mac, but I think 40 bob is right. We take it very serious. I understand your point, but Im not playing the odds with my life. Just when you say your risk is low, the boogyman will jump up and snuff you out....
    Two words: Overactive imagination.

Yes, anything can happen to anyone at anytime. How much time/effort did you spend protecting yourself from a potential lightning strike today? The odds are about the same. You must not be taking the potential destructive power of lightning very seriously..... You're playing Russian roulette with your life by not carrying around a defibrilator and having EMT training, too.
    Brad426 and PilotAlso like this.

Two words: Overactive imagination.

Yes, anything can happen to anyone at anytime. How much time/effort did you spend protecting yourself from a potential lightning strike today? The odds are about the same. You must not be taking the potential destructive power of lightning very seriously..... You're playing Russian roulette with your life by not carrying around a defibrilator and having EMT training, too.
    LMAO, I guess my imagination took over when it happened to me.(not lighting) The defib machine, that just silly. Taking ones defense serious doesnt equate to prepping for all things. Talk about an imagination....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links