Citizen's Firearms Training Class - Take aways - Page 2

Citizen's Firearms Training Class - Take aways

This is a discussion on Citizen's Firearms Training Class - Take aways within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The CC class I took in Clearwater Fl. was NOT informative at all. There was little discussion of when you would be justified in shooting ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Citizen's Firearms Training Class - Take aways

The CC class I took in Clearwater Fl. was NOT informative at all. There was little discussion of when you would be justified in shooting and very vague. I'm sure there are many people are out there with many misconceptions on what they should and shouldn't do and that's not a good thing.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Another item I learned was that the closer you are in a shooting, the better your chances of claiming self-defense. The LEOs mentioned that encounters past 15 feet start to get shaky when claiming self-defense, depending on the circumstances...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by TKshooter View Post
    Keep in mind that their family or estate can still sue you. It was something my instructor said when he was covering common misconceptions- some people often think if you are the only survivor then there's nothing to worry about. Not true- the BG's family can still come after you in civil court.
    I think that it depends on your state. I just took my CHL class recently and was told that in Texas you can no longer be taken to civil court for justifiably shooting someone in self defense. The info was presented as if it was a new change in the past couple/few years.
    mano3 likes this.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

I took one in NY......it was called more a of a Handgun Legalities course and run by the counties Police dept for civilians.

basic synapsis from cop/instructor.

Dont shoot, Dont every shoot anyone, You should not have a stupid gun ANYWAYS as thats what WE are for, We are TRAINED to do this not you! YOU WILL be arrested and TRIED....Even if you are SOMEHOW found NOT GUILT of Murder you surley will be sued civily. One other thing if I didnt mention it already. DONT EVERY SHOOT ANYONE OR CARRY A GUN...YOU WILL ONLY get arrested and sued and never be able to have a gun ever after a shooting.

There, I think I summed up NY in a nutshell. Atleast my Police offer instructors class. Im NOT kidding either! thats is what was discussed for about an hr. Meanwhile Others wanted to know WHAT IF THIS and WHAT IF THAT and can I shoot IF......

All I ended up getting out of it is....NY law is very confusing and in NY you CAN no matter what be sued in civil court.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links